General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 600rr wont start

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 600rr wont start

Hey guys I'm new to the forums, my name is Jeremy, and have been searching, but am having a hard time finding then info i need.

Yesterday me and a buddy went out riding, and i was pretty hard on my bike. were starting to get into stunting and im still stock so u can imagine what it takes to get the cbr up especially from a dead stop/creep...so the clutch got extremely hot and started slipping. We stop for a bit to smoke a cigarette and check out the videos we were filming so i can let the bike cool down. After sitting for about 15t minutes the bike won t start anymore.
]
I know the pump isnt turning on and am only getting power to the middle wire on the plug...this leads me to believe that there is something else in the system that isnt working...looked at the bas and am not sure how to check it or reset it if thats possible....

I havent checked for spark yet tho. Right now im watching my daughter, washing clothes, throwing a crazy chicks stuff in my driveway, and trying to get my bike running because thats my only stress release right now.

I appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Old 03-23-2009, 06:10 PM

Im not positive, but I think the bas sensor is reset by unhooking your battery for at least a minute. Again, not sure. it is possible that the bas sensor was damaged from too many hard landed wheelies... but its very very doubtful as they are very durable sensors.

I would also check fuses, and you also have a fuel pump relay.

Which plug are you talking about? the one that plugs directly into the pump? If you have any wire with power to that point, I would think the pump just isnt working. Try jumping the pump directly and see what happens. having power to that point should indicate the fuse and the relay are working like they are suppose to.

make sure your killswitch didnt get bumped. Ive seen some that will actually stick so rock it back and forth a few times.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:00 PM

All fuses are good and yeah im talking about the plug directly to the pump. It should have a 12v constant, a ground, and a signal right? There are three wires and i'm not real familiar with these systems so im assuming the signal isnt being sent. Power has been disconnected to try and reset the computer and stuff but that didnt work.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:02 PM

update...checked for spark..no spark either. so that means the bas is wrong? does anyone know how to test it and if the sensor from a 01 f4i will work?

Old 03-23-2009, 09:30 PM

I believe you can bypass your bank angle sensor by jumping the two outer wires. that should allow you to rule out the BAS.

I would still suspect there is something wrong with your killswitch.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Throw those crazy chicks some wrenches and tell them to fix your bike.