General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 cbr 929rr,spits and spuders,eghaust smells like raw gas and smokes at low rmps help...help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 cbr 929rr,spits and spuders,eghaust smells like raw gas and smokes at low rmps help...help...

i rode my bike yesterday about a hundred miles ran good all day then it started to stumble like it was runing out of gas ,so i stoped and gas was half full,so i started to ride home the whole way i couldnt keep the rpms smooth thay hept jumping and bike spuddered.i thought i was some bad gas so i draned the tank an put some new gas in and some fuel cleaned in the tank, a about a half a cup,then rode the next morning it ran a little better for about fifteen minits then started to miss and spudder,i tryed to baby it to get home it just got worse it started to sound like a four stroke dirt bike well not quite but real bad and no power,i just about got home i stoped at a light then went to take off and i seen smoke coming out of the pipe just untill i got past 3000 rpms, i pulled into my drive was and tryed to make it idle so i could look over the bike ,i gave the bike a little throtle it smoked a little, i smelled the pipe to see if it smelled like oil or coolent,,,, but it smelled like raw gas so bad it shocked the hell out of me it about knocked me out..anyways i coud realy use some help..............thanks jesse..... [align=right][/align]

Post #: 1

Old 09-10-2007, 05:24 AM
Default RE: 01 cbr 929rr,spits and spuders,eghaust smells like raw gas and smokes at low rmps help...help...

What color is the smoke ? Black,white,grey.blue ?

Sound's like one of you cylinder's isnt firing & therefore not spending/burning the fuel that is going into the cylinder & depositing it straight to the exaust pipe/header.

I would recomend a full tune up, you may have gotten some bad gas & fouled out one or two of the plug's.
If not a complete tune-up the very least plugs & filter change, that should clear the problem.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Default RE: 01 cbr 929rr,spits and spuders,eghaust smells like raw gas and smokes at low rmps help...help...

I go with the spark plug as well. Sorry not sure if u r carb or fi. If she is carb i'd take them out and give a good clean.