Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

WTF happened to this site?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Streetdemon
Ready to get burnt.....but.....

I kind of agree with 929.
I was originally on here years back when I had my F4i....sold it for a zuki....then a Yami.....then Duc....now back on a CBR.

I just remember a bigger following. Seems like I would post something and get a quick response from alot of people....like this thread.

Are the followers down or when gas prices dipped below 3 bucks everyone ditched there bikes for a cage???

Love the site but want to see more posts on issues other then hong kong fairings and
B()()BS
As for as that goes, yes a group of guys went out on their own, some still post here n some down. But then again that goes on on any forums, ppl come n ppl go etc. Like I tell my ppl on the boards I help run, the members control whats posted. If we all post about cheapass hong kong fairings and ( . )( . ) then thats all that is posted until we the members post something else. When some members do nothing but lurk n read, then all the active members reply repeated to the same shyt, discuss the same shyt over n over we get bored n start talking about other things. So it takes everyone to keep the content on track and keep it semi new to all

Old 01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetdemon
Ready to get burnt.....but.....

I kind of agree with 929.
I was originally on here years back when I had my F4i....sold it for a zuki....then a Yami.....then Duc....now back on a CBR.

I just remember a bigger following. Seems like I would post something and get a quick response from alot of people....like this thread.

Are the followers down or when gas prices dipped below 3 bucks everyone ditched there bikes for a cage???

Love the site but want to see more posts on issues other then hong kong fairings and
B()()BS <--- Added that so Juliet will not KEEL me
It's winter in the states so I guess it's mod time. But you are a member and members ARE the forum. So if you'd like to see or discuss something in particular relating to CBRs then post it on up. Take a look at the 1000F section to see how a certain owner's group does it. Very tight knit group and knowledgeable about their ride. I would love to see that happen in the other bike specific groups.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And don't fear the burn ... you make a valid point and you pointed it out in a non-confrontational way. Calling the peeps what run the place ***** and then griping would have resulted in a need for aloe

If you wanna see boring, go to one of the v-rod forums and read about how fast they are A good 75% of the threads are: how fast my bike is, how good looking my bike is, what is the most obnoxiously loud pipe I can get, etc.

Bunch of tards I tell ya ... except for the few of us that have ridden real rocket bikes and understand cruisin is fine for cruisin's sake. No need to live in Lala land and believe a cruiser is the fastest bike on the planet

Old 01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chainstretcher
And don't fear the burn ... you make a valid point and you pointed it out in a non-confrontational way. Calling the peeps what run the place ***** and then griping would have resulted in a need for aloe

If you wanna see boring, go to one of the v-rod forums and read about how fast they are A good 75% of the threads are: how fast my bike is, how good looking my bike is, what is the most obnoxiously loud pipe I can get, etc.

Bunch of tards I tell ya ... except for the few of us that have ridden real rocket bikes and understand cruisin is fine for cruisin's sake. No need to live in Lala land and believe a cruiser is the fastest bike on the planet
lol

Old 01-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the forum is great. I don't really contribute much, here and there. Been on here for like 7-8 months, only 9 posts, so not much contribution, but I am on here literally everyday because this site is so helpful. I have learned so much on here. Every question I have ever had has been answered by one post or another. To me, thats what a forum is for, and this forum excels at that.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Zoomman113
Good to hear - as you stick around, you'll get more posts under your belt. No rush (unless you want to sell something in classifieds) hehe
As Chainstretcher says, take a trip down to the Hurricane section and see if we can't make you laugh.....(and fix your bike, same time) - we can multitask yasee.

Don't mind old Classic - he's grumpy from having his head down a blocked sh1thouse all day (I'd be grumpy too, wouldn't you)

Last edited by Shadow; 01-27-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nah, Steve-o, rest assured the Maxwell hammer will be raised as and when appropriate. (and maybe sometimes when it isn't and I don't want to spoil the shine on my jackboots) I had to give the children back last time too- the parents didn't want them, but I couldn't take their crvp anymore........
Remove the guns from the guard towers - no way !! Next thing you'll be asking for removal of our nasty dogs (the ferocious chihuahuas) and other noxious goodies too.(like our waterpistols, cap guns or(shudder) garden sprinklers or light sabers

Old 01-27-2010, 08:33 AM
I ♥ CBRF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Gawd ...!!
... memories can get quite distorted over time...
All this site has lost is 4 bloody million 2 word off topic replies and posts each mth ... get a grip man ...

2 - 1/2 friggin years and you manage 193 posts ?? .....
190 posts in a few months when I had the F4i....got tons of intel and tricks then. Been on another site for other bikes the last few years.....

3 posts since i scooped up a 1k. Starting a rebuild so been researching lately but seems like alot of topics keep coming up.

Chain prob nailed it with it being winter and time to mod....

No one's fault but our own I agree.

AND CBR.....Hope you have a better day today. Clearly not your day yesterday.

Quick Reply: WTF happened to this site?