Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Unorganized forum?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unorganized forum?

I have noticed alot of threads that simply dont need to be created, or numerous reposts from members. Why does this happen so much more frequently compared to other forums? Is it the members taking advantage of certain forums and not placing threads where they belong? Or is it moderators not doing a better job of policing the forum?

Old 07-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Unorganized forum?

Mainly it is due to members that are "comfortable" with a certain part of a forum and not reading the rules to know that you can't post anything and everything in one section of the forum.

If you thought it was unorganized before you should have seen it before I (and others) spent hours and hours in past few weeks moving threads that where posted in incorrect spots. If others are reading this: I know you get used to communicating with certain members in certain areas of the forum but please post only appropriate threads (e.g. If in 600rr section and your post has nothing - or very little- to do with 600rr's then do not post there).

AFA the posts that are duplicated by same person in different parts of the forum, yes you are correct, those are against terms of service and should not be posted. The problem is that the current software does not allow merging of threads so by the time we catch them, many times there have been replies to the duplicated threads as well as the original. Yes we could delete all threads but 1 but that would be unfair to the people that spent the time to reply. We should be getting new software relatively soon and hopefully that one will have a merge/join thread feature.

In the meantime anytime you see a thread in the wrong section you are welcome to help out by notifying me or any other mod via pm.

Thanks

Old 07-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, find something posted in the wrong forum, trolls, spam or anything else out of place don't hesitate to contact one of the staff. We fix stuff quickly once we know about it but there is a lot of forum to cover so you guys helping out is immensely helpful.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:49 PM

It could just be as simple as posting videos from youtube. We have a sights and sounds forum but everybody posts video in the off topic forum. I know that most of the mods patrol that forum and they always stay there. I am not going to report a thread like that because I know the majority of the mods look at that forum.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mods don't mod any one particular section, we all patrol all parts of the board.

Posting videos in o/t section is actually debatable as to whether that violates any rules because while you can't post just anything in other sections, you can post just about anything in o/t section (so long as it doesn't violate any other rules of the forum).

Personally I'd rather see the Sight N Sounds section limited to M/C related videos/pics only and all others to go in o/t section but I haven't put up much of a stink about it because it's best to wait for the new s/w before doing any fine tuning touches.

All your input is welcome. Thanks

Old 07-13-2008, 10:04 AM

test