Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

ShoutBox / Chat Room

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ShoutBox / Chat Room

So what happened to this idea?

Old 08-02-2007, 11:23 PM

yeah what did happen to this idea???

Old 08-20-2007, 09:07 PM

so where is it ?

Old 08-27-2007, 09:50 PM

+1 a shoutbox or a chatroom would be SWEEET

Old 08-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Retired Admin

This idea did get tossed around and the research and information we decided upon was the amount of bandwidth was crazy to run one of these shoutboxes and in other forums by the same owner that have 3 & 4 times the members or more where he tried a shoutbox the use was not heavy enough to constitute the bandwidth required to run the box. But the idea was a good one maybe we can try it again on this forum if we can get our member numbers up a bit more......youy all have friends and buddy's spread the word and lets get some more members onboard!! [8D]

Old 03-21-2008, 02:32 AM

There's almost 25000 members on this website. I know not all of them come on here but how many do you really need?

Old 03-21-2008, 02:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

although the shoutbox is a great idea, its a laggin pos. We tried it on SBG and while members liked it, it causes the whole site to run slower, esp the page its put on. Our users wanted on every page for their convience and that was a complete nightmare.

I recommend setting a IRC up and use either a embeded java client, or a cgi client, or get a mIRC scripted just for cbrforum.

I happen to provide hosting and can setup any of the forementioned clients. PM o email me if interested or need help with anything.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:14 AM

I'm not that computer smart but what I came up with was I set up a Chat at www.wireclub.com and deticated it to cbr forum members. I guess it's all up to me to get the word out if I want it to go anywhere...
The only probelm I see with this is that people will have to sign up and create A username and password. Hopefully the username they have on cbrforum.com isn't taken.

http://www.wireclub.com/Clubs/www.cbrforum.com/Chat

Old 03-22-2008, 06:26 PM

i think it would be cool.. at least worth a month long trial or something.. just to see how the site handles it..

imo

Old 06-18-2010, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
although the shoutbox is a great idea, its a laggin pos. We tried it on SBG and while members liked it, it causes the whole site to run slower, esp the page its put on. Our users wanted on every page for their convience and that was a complete nightmare.

I recommend setting a IRC up and use either a embeded java client, or a cgi client, or get a mIRC scripted just for cbrforum.

I happen to provide hosting and can setup any of the forementioned clients. PM o email me if interested or need help with anything.
On this other forum I used to be on all the time, the shoutbox is only on the main page, but if you wanted, you could click on a link that would open the box in it's own window. We would have a average of 100+ people on the website a day and 10, 15, 20+ people on the box constantly. Never slowed things down. The forum looked similar to this one.
The shoutbox is great.
Name:  sb.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  110.1 KB

Quick Reply: ShoutBox / Chat Room