Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Please help my headlights keep blowing a fuse

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2024 | 12:17 PM
|
Default Please help my headlights keep blowing a fuse

I need some help I'm new to the forum.but my 01 F4i is blowing the head light fuse every time I turn the key on I've checked the green wire on the connector it looks good I've also checked the wires behind the starter button they were connected and looked good and I checked the tail light wires they also looked good a buddy told me it could be the diode in the ignition is there a way to test it or jus change it please help me out!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2024 | 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetz
I need some help I'm new to the forum.but my 01 F4i is blowing the head light fuse every time I turn the key on I've checked the green wire on the connector it looks good I've also checked the wires behind the starter button they were connected and looked good and I checked the tail light wires they also looked good a buddy told me it could be the diode in the ignition is there a way to test it or jus change it please help me out!!!!!!!!!!
You have a power wire shorting to earth and the only way you will find out which is using a multimeter - looking is no use at all.

I do not have a readable wiring diagram for your bike but my basic approach would be to start at the fuse end, disconnecting the next connector in line and testing resistance to earth - for as long as it’s open circuit you’re ok but at some point you’ll plug in a connector, disconnect the next one and the resistance will drop, that will identify the section of wire containing the short.

The following users liked this post:
Al1040 (10-24-2024)
Old 10-23-2024 | 07:11 PM
|

Originally Posted by Ed Harris
You have a power wire shorting to earth and the only way you will find out which is using a multimeter - looking is no use at all.

I do not have a readable wiring diagram for your bike but my basic approach would be to start at the fuse end, disconnecting the next connector in line and testing resistance to earth - for as long as it’s open circuit you’re ok but at some point you’ll plug in a connector, disconnect the next one and the resistance will drop, that will identify the section of wire containing the short.
Thanks I'll try my best to see if that works I didn't think of that your cool