1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

clear alternatives integrated..

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clear alternatives integrated..

I'm new to the forum. I apologize in advance if this post is in the wrong place.

I just had a quick question, was wondering if anyone with a little more knowledge could help me out.

For my 2007 CBR1000rr.. I recently purchased the competition werkes fender eliminator kit as well as the clear alternatives integrated tail light/turn signals kit. I set up the eliminator kit.. just wired the plate light attached to the plate bracket. That works fine. Now, for some reason.. I'm having trouble with the turn signals with the integrated brake lights. For some reason, when the brake light/running lights are plugged into the factory plug, the brake light is bright, as if it were engaged. Any idea what that might be?? I put the stock brake lights back in to see if it was just the CA integrated kit, but it did the same thing as well.. so it has to be bad wiring somewhere.

Also, when I connect the wires.. yellow from theCA integrated kit to the orange.. other yellow from the CA integrated kit to the blue,I get nothing. The front turn signals are still stock.. and when I turn on the signals, they go from running lights to completely off. I have no clue what's going on here.

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts, I'd appreciate the input. I'm going to mess with it all day tomorrow.. hopefully I can figure it out. Another question.. the green wires are running, the orange and blue are not.. right?

Thank guys.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Default RE: clear alternatives integrated..

I'll post up some pictures in the morning.. just so you can see what I'm dealing with. Maybe that'll help. Thanks again.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you blow your fuse? if you were testing which side was with which wire and you just slid it in the stock connectors, you probably touched both +/- wire and and blew your fuse. i only know because i did it.haha. anyways im sure you tried but did you or someone press on the brakes to see if it may go brighter? just wondering because there are more lights in the CA and led is just plain brighter also, so you may have just not been use to it being that bright.

i have an 06 so not to sure but did you try the resistors? you might need to connect them, there should have been some in the box. lemme know.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:42 AM

i was thinking i may have blown a fuse. i should check that.i wasn't sure what wires to use, so i'm sure i crossed them all. shoot! gotta find some fuses now.

the brakes worked at first.. then somewhere along the line they stopped working.i did try both front and rear brakes, but they just stay bright. hmm.. also, i do have the resistors.. i'm not quite sure how to wire those. man, i'm not even sure how to use those little red connectors. i'm a picture guy.. need more pictures with the instructions.

i'll keep you posted on what happens tomorrow morning.. and i'll get some pictures taken. thanks for the help man. i greatly appreciate it. gotta love the cbr's.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:48 AM

alright cool. but if you haven't connected any wires yet and just testing which was which, don't take you stock signal connectors off. i didn't incase i needed to go back to stock i.e. fix-it ticket. but yeah all you need to do is clear out some electrical tape past the connectors and splice it there. that would be my suggestion. aight good night, i know i wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably if i had that problem with my baby. take it easy.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:55 AM

i didn't anticipate running into this problem.. i already messed with the stock crap (IDIOT) so i can't go back now. o well.. i have some friends who can get things signed and what have you.. if you catch my drift.. haha.. but yeah, i'll start it up tomorrow and get back to you. thanks again.

and yes.. i'm a nervous wreck right now. my bikes all taken apart and i can't ride her.. as long as i can ride by tomorrow night!! talk to you later.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:36 PM

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyouuu!

Old 09-21-2007, 06:39 PM

Glad to be of service my friend. now ride safe! hope like the song "it doesn't rain in southern california" tonight! peace