Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

GET RID OF THE CADILLAC AD!!! or just move it somewhere else

Old 02-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Default GET RID OF THE CADILLAC AD!!! or just move it somewhere else

i hate that dang ad that comes up ontop of the pictures we post! you think putting the thing over the picture im trying to view makes me want to click on it??? it makes me just not want to buy a cadillac!

Old 02-19-2013, 10:10 PM

annoyed me also.
google "Remove Kontera" to get rid of it.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 AM

Ditto here. I'm in advertising and I never suggest these or popup ads to my clients. Seems to upset more people than it does good.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 AM

Advertising is one of the few ways "free" sites like this generate money so we all can enjoy it...for "free"!..... Is it f*cking annoying?? yes. But necessary.

BTW dont you just love the new "captcha" boxes that make you type in a Gillette razor ad slogans instead of random letters....(sighs) The smell of desperation in the morning.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by sickcbr1k View Post
Advertising is one of the few ways "free" sites like this generate money so we all can enjoy it...for "free"!..... Is it f*cking annoying?? yes. But necessary.

BTW dont you just love the new "captcha" boxes that make you type in a Gillette razor ad slogans instead of random letters....(sighs) The smell of desperation in the morning.
I understand the ad/revenue concept and am OK with that, but I think the OP was hinting that they don't actually have to be right over the image itself. They can be located somewhere else on the page and serve the same purpose.
The ads don't necessarily bother me. It's their current specific location that does.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sportbike_Mike View Post
I understand the ad/revenue concept and am OK with that, but I think the OP was hinting that they don't actually have to be right over the image itself. They can be located somewhere else on the page and serve the same purpose.
The ads don't necessarily bother me. It's their current specific location that does.
+1

Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Administrator - Retired

Hmm. I've never had an issue with ads. Never even seen the caddy one, but it sounds like it sucks.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout View Post
Hmm. I've never had an issue with ads. Never even seen the caddy one, but it sounds like it sucks.
Its all over the pictures everybody posts man, its ridonculous!

Old 02-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Ya, I hate the ads too. But whatcha gonna do, eh? The advertisers pay to place their wares where they want it. I guess they have smarter people than me figure out where they do the most good.

We do not have the ads imbedded in the text so be thankful for that at least

Old 02-22-2013, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by splash View Post
annoyed me also.
google "Remove Kontera" to get rid of it.

thank you sir...easily got rid of the dang thing.
i understand they pay to put theyre name out there but geez, find a better way to do it...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GET RID OF THE CADILLAC AD!!! or just move it somewhere else

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.