CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   GET RID OF THE CADILLAC AD!!! or just move it somewhere else (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/get-rid-cadillac-ad-just-move-somewhere-else-144823/)

JoeWelder503 02-19-2013 12:41 AM

GET RID OF THE CADILLAC AD!!! or just move it somewhere else

i hate that dang ad that comes up ontop of the pictures we post! you think putting the thing over the picture im trying to view makes me want to click on it??? it makes me just not want to buy a cadillac!:icon_rant:

splash 02-19-2013 10:10 PM

annoyed me also.
google "Remove Kontera" to get rid of it.

Trebs 02-20-2013 07:51 AM

Ditto here. I'm in advertising and I never suggest these or popup ads to my clients. Seems to upset more people than it does good.

sickcbr1k 02-20-2013 08:30 AM

Advertising is one of the few ways "free" sites like this generate money so we all can enjoy it...for "free"!..... Is it f*cking annoying?? yes. But necessary.

BTW dont you just love the new "captcha" boxes that make you type in a Gillette razor ad slogans instead of random letters....(sighs) The smell of desperation in the morning.

Sportbike_Mike 02-20-2013 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by sickcbr1k (Post 1217811)
Advertising is one of the few ways "free" sites like this generate money so we all can enjoy it...for "free"!..... Is it f*cking annoying?? yes. But necessary.

BTW dont you just love the new "captcha" boxes that make you type in a Gillette razor ad slogans instead of random letters....(sighs) The smell of desperation in the morning.

I understand the ad/revenue concept and am OK with that, but I think the OP was hinting that they don't actually have to be right over the image itself. They can be located somewhere else on the page and serve the same purpose.
The ads don't necessarily bother me. It's their current specific location that does.

splash 02-20-2013 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sportbike_Mike (Post 1217875)
I understand the ad/revenue concept and am OK with that, but I think the OP was hinting that they don't actually have to be right over the image itself. They can be located somewhere else on the page and serve the same purpose.
The ads don't necessarily bother me. It's their current specific location that does.

+1

kilgoretrout 02-20-2013 05:42 PM

Hmm. I've never had an issue with ads. Never even seen the caddy one, but it sounds like it sucks. :D

campos_motorsports 02-21-2013 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout (Post 1217941)
Hmm. I've never had an issue with ads. Never even seen the caddy one, but it sounds like it sucks. :D

Its all over the pictures everybody posts man, its ridonculous! :icon_viking:

chainstretcher 02-21-2013 05:09 PM

Ya, I hate the ads too. But whatcha gonna do, eh? The advertisers pay to place their wares where they want it. I guess they have smarter people than me figure out where they do the most good.

We do not have the ads imbedded in the text so be thankful for that at least :D

JoeWelder503 02-22-2013 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by splash (Post 1217728)
annoyed me also.
google "Remove Kontera" to get rid of it.

:icon_toast: thank you sir...easily got rid of the dang thing.
i understand they pay to put theyre name out there but geez, find a better way to do it...