Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.
View Poll Results: Do you think the banner should be changed?
Yes
69.23%
No
3.85%
who cares
26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

forum banner pic

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
what would be really cool would be have like the Classic one on the left and a few inches to the right have the 2010 and in between the two have the other models morphing into the 2010. Or if we (the forum) could change the bike every year to the BOTY.
i think thats an awesome idea

Old 03-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well go to it Indy - design it.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

I am full of Ideas, or ... I am incapable of putting my idea together.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:27 AM

do it up broski!!! ha ha make a decal while your at it. i need one for my bike ha ha.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Senior Member & can cook minute rice in 58sec

1 if it looks like a 4wheeler,get glasses
2 it aint broke so,,,,,
3 if you don't like it,,,,,,,,
4 boss has enough to do
5 new members need whipped to within an inch of their lives in rubber gear and ,,,,
6 i'v too much time on my hands
7 this has run-a-muck
8 my misses is as ugly as yours
9 no pics
10 number 8 might be wrong, i don't know your misses

Old 03-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
But what would be really cool would be have like the Classic one on the left and a few inches to the right have the 2010 and in between the two have the other models morphing into the 2010.
That's a sick idea. I don't have the skills either, but damn I like it.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Craig84
I propose a change in the banner pic, i dont mind the bike thats used i just dont think that angle looks that great, for awhile i thought it was a 4 wheeler, mainly cause i only ever gave it a glance then scrolled down real fast. i realize what it is now. but if the bike was moved up higher or maybe more of a diagonal shot as opposed to a side shot might look better.
what do you guys think?
yeah, i hear what you're saying, especially when look at it from a designer's perspective, the above banner looks like junk... and the typeface chosen for "CBRforum" seems like any high school kids w/ no real graphic design education can do it... it's a forum for cbr, at least give us a feeling of "speed", it doesn't feel fast at all... the only feeling that i get is "artificial" and the shadows of the bike made it seem like it's going backward instead... the background is like whatever...

i hesitated a little to make sure i was in the right forum when i first saw the banner... it really doesn't seem professional enough, and the reason i care cause this forum represents us as the cbr riders, and i wish it'd be a little more professional...

Old 07-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But what would be really cool would be have like the Classic one on the left and a few inches to the right have the 2010 and in between the two have the other models morphing into the 2010.
That would be cool, but the issue with that is how many models there are. I know it's a 1krr up there now, but to show the morphing of one model seems less "right" to me. (if that makes sense). And if you tried to use all the models, it would get messy and busy real quick, me thinks....

I honestly don't mind the way it is now.

yeah, i hear what you're saying, especially when look at it from a designer's perspective, the above banner looks like junk... and the typeface chosen for "CBRforum" seems like any high school kids w/ no real graphic design education can do it... it's a forum for cbr, at least give us a feeling of "speed", it doesn't feel fast at all... the only feeling that i get is "artificial" and the shadows of the bike made it seem like it's going backward instead... the background is like whatever...

i hesitated a little to make sure i was in the right forum when i first saw the banner... it really doesn't seem professional enough, and the reason i care cause this forum represents us as the cbr riders, and i wish it'd be a little more professional...
It's a good thing you annoyed me enough to check your post history.
First you complain about the sales rules in the official rules thread....THEN you post 2 for sale ads inside other people's threads.... then you come here and bash the site designers.

Enjoy your "time out".

And for the record, we don't care what you think of the rules or the site.

Your behavior doesn't seem professional enough, and I don't like the way it represents us CBR riders.

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 07-29-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Maxwell hammer was poised, but I got beaten to the hammering by a Trout.
Got what he deserved........... Muppet.......(sorry Kermit)

Oh and Quote
1 if it looks like a 4wheeler,get glasses
2 it aint broke so,,,,,
3 if you don't like it,,,,,,,,
4 boss has enough to do
5 new members need whipped to within an inch of their lives in rubber gear and ,,,,
6 i'v too much time on my hands
7 this has run-a-muck
8 my misses is as ugly as yours
9 no pics
10 number 8 might be wrong, i don't know your misses

Blaziken for supporter of the week !

Last edited by Shadow; 07-30-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Quick Reply: forum banner pic