F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

WRECKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRECKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday night I was on the cruise route and it was about 10:30 at night. Well I went down the street, turned around, got up into second and did a staggered wheelie for about 5 blocks or so. I put it down and thought I was all good and then I see this 2002 Mustang starting to pull out in front of me at an intersection when I was still going about 60mph.

Anyways, I crammed the brakes and the back end started to slide and I was about 25 feet from the mustang and the guy finally saw me coming and he slammed on his brakes. While mashing the brakes I brought the bike up into and Endo and rolled for about 10 feet until the front end of the mustang was no more then 2-3 INCHES from the bikes headlights and i FINALLY stopped!!!

BUT the back end came down to the right side and my right front air duct ran into the mustangs headlight pushing it back into the cars bezel. I ended up laying the bike on its right side and stepped off.

The guy got out and I apologized to him and he said that he didnt even see me. (I dont think he noticed I was in a wheelie.) He asked me if i was ok and I said yes and that his headlight was shoved in a little. Luckily he told me that he had already been in a wreck on that very same spot and the headlight was being held in by zip ties.

I just ended up picking the bike back up and taking back off after giving him a thumbs up that I was ok.

I pulled over and surveyed the bike to my amazement there was nothing wrong at all. The frame sliders and the 12 o'clock bar took all the force of it falling over and it didnt ever slide.

Needless to say I was completely awww struck and Terrified because I was just waiting to hit that car at an unbelievable speed and flying over the top. If that would have happened I probably still would have been fine because I had all my gear on so.

But that was my weekend anyways

Daniel Thompson

Old 04-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Default RE: WRECKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you are ok.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:21 PM

Glad to hear you and your bike are ok, and also that the guy you hit wasn't too worried. Now with that said, wtf are you doing wheelies for on apparently a busy road with intersections for 5 blocks straight at night? When your wheel is up, so's the headlight and you can't be seen. Even if you hit the guy at wheelie speed, your gear wouldn't do jack squat. You might not get road rash but you'd go sailing straight into your bars, then maybe flip and go right through his windshield.
It's cool that you have good skill at doing wheelies, but be more selective where you do them.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:18 AM

Glad you're ok. You were very lucky. Sounds like that was an avoidable situation.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:37 AM

your lucky. isn't it amazing how much people driving cars don't look even though it was a little your fault. either way it could have been worse. Ride safe and dont forget no one is watching your *** but yourself. Later

Old 04-04-2006, 08:49 AM

only way to survive is, you gotta treat every motorist as a potential killer out there!

Old 04-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Banned

It is nice to hear about a bike crash where it all ends up being 'happily ever after'. I bet you used up all your adrenaline for the next month on that one.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:56 AM

Glad to hear that you are ok and everything went well, maybe you should keep the wheelies for the parking lot?

I hate to hear that someone gets messed up by doing something like that on the street. Just glad you didn't.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good job saving your akra f/s!...ahahah...
why you apologize? he pulled out on you mang!

Old 04-04-2006, 02:22 PM

he said that he didnt even see me
How the hell could he see you at night when your headlight is pointing up in the sky at a 45 degree (or more) angle?

Squid.

Quick Reply: WRECKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!