F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Would a F4i be a good starter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Would a F4i be a good starter?

I just lost another post :-/

125 is too small
250 has a better power to weight than my Altima.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:41 AM

the 500s are also good... old tech and reliable.
the 650s are on the cusp of being too much. If you're over 25 then go for it.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:42 AM

Either the 250 or the 500. Save the money for gear/insurance.
resale on both is good. Buy used save more also less hit on depreciation.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

End of the day he will get what he wants, you could get a Busa if you wanted to for a first bike (although insurance may put a hault to that option LOL) Its all in how you ride, and your right wrist etc. If you have absolutley no riding experience, then maybe an F4i is a bit much. My first bike was what im riding now F4i, i did however have previous riding experience on dirt bikes etc. I absolutely love my F4i
good luck and be safe with whatever you decide on
Cheers
D

Old 06-10-2008, 11:15 AM

I hate when people say, " At the end of the day I am going to do what I want. "
I guess some people do what they want In the end but I feel If I was going to do that I would not have asked for the advice from you experienced riders. ( Not being mean just saying ).

I would be fine with the 250R If that will make me a better rider for when I get a 600 then that Is what I will do. I have no desire to ever get anything over a 600cc bike. My goal Is to learn to ride, be safe, and then upgrade to either a CBR600rr and or a GSXR 600. I figured that a F4i would be perfect because It wasn't a R bike but I guess not. Thanks for the information and any more Info will be appreciated. Thanks again guys. ( What gear do you suggest not to expensive but realiable? )

Old 06-10-2008, 11:31 AM

Check out closeouts and sales on newenough.com and motorcyclecloseouts.com.

For your lid, determine what is your head shape, and then go to a place and try on helmets to find proper fit and sizing. Expensive helmets sure are great but as long as they are DOT approved they will do the job. Costs on lid go up when they are lighter, have more features, and then of course fancy graphics.

Make an effort on getting a good lid, boots (your feet are complicated), jacket and gloves for starters. Get something for your legs as well, jeans are NOT good enough. happy hunting

Old 06-10-2008, 11:40 AM

+1 on newenough
Get a quality lid... you do not need to spend 500 but dont get a cheapy model.
Check out shark, soumy, arai, shoei, hjc... I'm a shark fan for price/value. Make sure it fits!

Old 06-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: XXVI

I hate when people say, " At the end of the day I am going to do what I want. "
I guess some people do what they want In the end but I feel If I was going to do that I would not have asked for the advice from you experienced riders. ( Not being mean just saying ).

I would be fine with the 250R If that will make me a better rider for when I get a 600 then that Is what I will do. I have no desire to ever get anything over a 600cc bike. My goal Is to learn to ride, be safe, and then upgrade to either a CBR600rr and or a GSXR 600. I figured that a F4i would be perfect because It wasn't a R bike but I guess not. Thanks for the information and any more Info will be appreciated. Thanks again guys. ( What gear do you suggest not to expensive but realiable? )
the F series was the 600 supersport of its day tho b4 the 600RR came out in 03. Starting with the 250 n moving up when you get your skills up is the better way to go. You will be a much better rider in the long run.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:28 PM

Thanks,

Old 06-10-2008, 01:36 PM

Yes and no as a 600 would be a good starter. I started out just like you but i took the msf course last year and just bought my first bike 2months ago. I love my 2002 cbr 600f4i. It rides great turns good and has alot of power. It all depends on you as a rider and how fast you learn but you must have one key attribute and that is COMMON SENSE if you dont have that or have a hard time at understanding things then start out smaller. I drove my bike about 8 miles to my house in a mist of rain and fog for the first time. I did just fine. The first week i went on the highway and took my bike to New York City with a friend. my 2nd week i did my first wheelie lol. DO NOT TRY THAT!!! and now i ride with just a helmet on shorts and a tshirt because its so hot outside. My friend on the other hand has a kawasaki zx6r and went thru his neighbors fence the first time he rode it but thats because it takes him longer to learn things than others also he doesnt have COMMON SENSE hahahaha. All you have to do is feel confident before you get on that bike and you will be just fine if your scared of the bike do not get on it.

Quick Reply: Would a F4i be a good starter?