F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

worried

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007 | 06:09 AM
|
Default worried

well my stupid apartment complex has construction going on in front so they say the traffic backs up and are now leaving the gates open until the construction goes down, well after a little while of the gates staying open my neighbor gets his 06 cbr 600RR stolen in the middle of the night, some guys just come and throw it in a truck and take off, well now im all worried about my bike so i moved it to the covered parking and bought 15mm kryptonite cable and a cheaper masterlock cable and loop them through the frame and back wheel and around the pole support in the parking space, also have a kryptonite rotor lock on the front wheel, (sorry post is so long) but i am still freaking my bike is going to be stolen and i keep looking out the window like every 10 minutes to make sure no one is trying to cut it free, is there anything else u guys can reccomend that might make it more secure?

Old 01-01-2007 | 08:27 AM
Default RE: worried

If it were me I'd sit out and wait for them to come, with a bat. You know they will be back if they have seen yours as well. Good luck.

Old 01-01-2007 | 11:53 AM

It sounds simple, but a cover will go a long way. A locking cover would be even better.

Sniper rifle might be a good investment too.

Old 01-01-2007 | 12:35 PM

Make sure you have an insurance coverage for it. At least fire & theft for ease of mind. It don't matter how much you protect it, if they want it, the bastards will take it. My son & his friends dirtbike (4 all together) was stolen in a barn where they are all sleeping for the night after along day of riding. The bikes was only 10 feet away from them. These boys are in deep sleep after a long days riding in one of the boys parents farm. Three of the bike wasn't insured including my son's. Get your bike insured.

Old 01-01-2007 | 12:42 PM
Retired Administrator

Sounds like someone on the construction crew has a new 600RR. I'd bring the bike in my apartment. I don't care if it's on the 5th floor... you can ride it up there.

Ok, just kidding, but I'll bet good money the pot head construction crew has or just sold a 600RR for parts. Find someone that has a garage.

Old 01-01-2007 | 02:15 PM

can you post a pic of the setup?

I'm kinda in the same boat. didn't know they made rotor locks.

Old 01-01-2007 | 02:21 PM
Retired Administrator

here's the lock I use

http://www.xenasecurity.com/distributor/page1/

Old 01-02-2007 | 06:40 AM
Retired Moderator

Do you have a car? if so, park the bike sideways in a parking space, and then park the car right up to it. Chain the wheels of the bike to the wheels of your car (and make sure you have locking lugnuts). That'll be a challenge.

If not, I like the baseball bat option, that one never fails.

Old 01-02-2007 | 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: bushmasterAR15

If it were me I'd sit out and wait for them to come, with a bat. You know they will be back if they have seen yours as well. Good luck.
I'd replace "bat" with "gun"

Old 01-02-2007 | 03:17 PM

If youcan spare $50 you canjust store for it a monthor so.....

Quick Reply: worried