Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by 600f4ilover
many thanks.. but this guy is a girl!! lol
Did I miss the pics???

Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by nowensby
Mainly was wondering how it looked where the wires come off the grips...
ok..well..I tried my best to get a pic..I'm not quite sure if this is what you want..but here ya go..

Attached Thumbnails A Winter Ride-grips.jpg  
Old 02-01-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Did I miss the pics???

Old 02-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U wouldnt catch me out there....lol....not worth the risk,especially in suburbia where I live.....soccer moms,kids texting,etc. arent expecting to see U at this time of year, so no matter how warm it gets I still dont take the bike out.
Kudos to U

Old 02-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by nowensby
How hot do the grips get? It seems like they would have problem getting heat through gloves unless they get quite warm...
Nowensby,
If you've never tried heated grips you need to get your hands on some. Litterally.
I'm in the UK and use Oxford grips. They have four heat settings. I've tried the top heat setting for about ten minutes and nearly had to let go of the damned bars they got so hot. Lowest and next up are all you ever ned to use even in the coldest weather.
I now ride with muffs. Since fitting them I use the heaters for about ten minutes on a cold morning and that's all that's needed. Just taking the wind off your hands makes a HUGE difference. If I didn't have heaters and only the bar muffs I'd be able to ride into serious minus degrees without any problem at all.
They've changed my life and I commend them to the house.
Heated socks on the other hand..... they're on my seriously being considered list.
Yeah, watch out for the shady spots.
Ride safe, the salt and sand after the snow make the roads freakin' scary, specially at night.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just thought about it... When you guys say -temps... are you talking in C or F? Just wondering because there is quite a difference in -7*F and -7*C, lol...

As for the hand warmers, I'm definately going to try them... I have ridden all but one week this winter and that was due to a snowstorm, we don't have nearly enough equipment to clear the roads as quickly as they do up north.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:05 PM

I think Im gonna go out into the tundra today. Brrrr, it hit 65' here in cali today but Im a gonna dress up real warm, in stuff

The State is an economic disaster but the weather is nice

Old 02-01-2011, 04:07 PM

We go by Celsius.. I would get them regardless.. Ya never know when a cool day /night will hit..and it's great to have the option of turning on the grips for some added heat..

Old 02-01-2011, 04:33 PM

I thought this was going to be another one of those "I rode in the winter, look at me" posts from someone down south who went riding when it was 45 and sunny...But Ontario this time of year, that's impressive!

I've always wondered though, when I hear people from different parts of the country talk about riding in the winter...How the heck are your roads ever clear?

The road in front of my house has been covered with snow since December, and you have to get to to a highway before you get any better than 2 strips of pavement peeking out from under the snow...

Now, on those years when it gets cold before the first real snow, or in spring if it gets warm for a few days and melts off and then goes back to cold, I get to get out and ride when it is in the 20 F range (that's -6/7 C) and once I rode when it was 15 (F again, so -9 C). Those were just some short rides to work though.

Man, I'd bundle me up in some snowmobiler's gear (actually, I've already got snowmobiler gloves and the breathbox in my helmet is part of the kit that converts it into a snowmobile helmet) and ride in the winter if it weren't for all the ******* snow.

Oh, and as a note, the F4i didn't handle ice all that well this year, but I think that is mostly my old crappy tires. I've got Diablo Strada's on my other bike, and often didn't realize the parking lot at work was glare ice until I got off my bike and fell on my ***...

Quick Reply: A Winter Ride