F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

A Winter Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Winter Ride

Hey all..I live in Southern Ontario Canada..the day was sunny and the air was crisp..-7.. the date: Jan 30th..there is still snow here on the ground..but the roads were clear and dry.. I had to get out for a bit of a ride..I was longing for that feeling of being on my bike...and I loved every minute of it.. I got to try out my new Shoei Strife helmet..which I love..and my new integrated mirrors and signals.. I can't wait for March..I'm counting down the days!!

Old 01-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 600f4ilover
Hey all..I live in Southern Ontario Canada..the day was sunny and the air was crisp..-7.. the date: Jan 30th..there is still snow here on the ground..but the roads were clear and dry.. I had to get out for a bit of a ride..I was longing for that feeling of being on my bike...and I loved every minute of it.. I got to try out my new Shoei Strife helmet..which I love..and my new integrated mirrors and signals.. I can't wait for March..I'm counting down the days!!
What part of Ontario are you in?
It was -22 this morning lol?
Im with you on counting those days down though.
The street my bike is on has only been clear of snow once since Dec and it was covered in salt, Its on a small street that doesnt even get plowed just a salt truck, So I am afraid to take it out and get it covered in salt.

God Damn Canadian Winters!

Old 01-31-2011, 10:50 AM

you are my new hero ....-7 outside and this guy is riding

you are a true motorcycle enthusiast

+ 1,000,000 to you sir

Old 01-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A True Canadian!
If you dont have Heated grips they are an excellent investment to get some extra riding in up here.
I did a 3 hour drive in Dec and they are the only thing that saved me, Especially when it was snowing for about 20 mins of the drive.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
What part of Ontario are you in?
It was -22 this morning lol?
Im with you on counting those days down though.
The street my bike is on has only been clear of snow once since Dec and it was covered in salt, Its on a small street that doesnt even get plowed just a salt truck, So I am afraid to take it out and get it covered in salt.

God Damn Canadian Winters!
HI there..I am in Guelph.. It is damn cold today..-22 as well.. brrrrrr..I hate winter!!

Old 01-31-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by crashking
you are my new hero ....-7 outside and this guy is riding

you are a true motorcycle enthusiast

+ 1,000,000 to you sir
many thanks.. but this guy is a girl!! lol

Old 01-31-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
A True Canadian!
If you dont have Heated grips they are an excellent investment to get some extra riding in up here.
I did a 3 hour drive in Dec and they are the only thing that saved me, Especially when it was snowing for about 20 mins of the drive.
damn straight I have heated grips..I LOVE them..they are the best..I wouldn't have my bike without them!

Old 01-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Default Winter Ride

A girl, wow even better my hat is off to you. I live in Chicago and dont even go out for a ride, although my bike is apart right now and plus i dont have heated grips. But dont think it hasnt crossed my mind, cant wait for the warm weather!

Old 01-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How hot do the grips get? It seems like they would have problem getting heat through gloves unless they get quite warm...

Old 01-31-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by R1der02
A girl, wow even better my hat is off to you. I live in Chicago and dont even go out for a ride, although my bike is apart right now and plus i dont have heated grips. But dont think it hasnt crossed my mind, cant wait for the warm weather!
thanks..I know..im a bit of a crazy one.. any chance I can get I am out there..anyhow..Its kinda funny that I get mistakin for a guy...all my bike gear isn't so girlie.. and I am not a fan of pink..so having pink gear is outta the question.. lol

Quick Reply: A Winter Ride