F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Which windscreen helps with wind?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which windscreen helps with wind?

Is there any windscreens that actually help with wind noise and/or aerodynamics? With stock one even if I lie on the tank and keep my head as low as possible,I still feel pretty strong wind pressure on my helmetand wind noise is still pretty high. I wonderif any aftermarket windscreen could help.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Which windscreen helps with wind?

Get a double bubble screen (many brands make them)... they divert the air just a little higher up and over your head a little better than the stock screen

Old 07-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well it also depends on you're height. i was reading somewhere on here that if you're somewhat tall, the double bubble wont do you any good either.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jaynd

well it also depends on you're height. i was reading somewhere on here that if you're somewhat tall, the double bubble wont do you any good either.
Tis true as well....

A riding buddy of mine has this same problem... he's about 7 ft tall LOL (I dunno his actualy height, but he's a fooking TALL ****!). When he bought his '05 1000RR, he said he had sat on every bike out and the 1000RR was the only one he actually fit on somewhat well. He still looks like a monkey fu***ng a football on it [:-] We can always spot him in the group cuz even when tucked, his head still pokes out above everyone elses. Ain't no double bubble gonna help him!

Old 07-01-2007, 11:41 PM

I know how that feels...6' 4", 265 on an f4i. People tell me I look like I'm riding a Big Wheel.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:48 AM

I am 6ft.

I heard there is some "touring" screen, does it make any difference?

Alsowill this double bubble be much higher than a stock one? If so, will I still be looking above it or through it? Because if through it I probably should go with a clear one (I wanted dark smoke).

Old 07-02-2007, 02:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taller screens, are usually NOISEYER !!!!!!!!!!! the options are...
Get a quieter helmet, earplugs, about that buffeting... drive your car more.or
BUCK UP !!!!!
Free and clean, ripp'n

Old 07-02-2007, 09:36 AM

If you are laying on the tank in full race tuck then the double bubble works awesome. Every sportbike is windy while sitting up. This is used in racing to create drag in corner braking. No windscreen designed for a sportbike is going to help that too much. The original post said he felt heavy wind in the tuck. Another good option to help this is an aerodynamic jacket (one with a hump on the back). You will notice a fairley significant decrease in drag on your head. I had to get one because fast riding was killing my neck.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:59 PM

I'm 5' 11" and put a Memphis Shades Sport Touring wind screen on. I wanted a Zero GRavity Sport Touring (I have one on my 1000RR), but apparently no one could get one in dark smoke (dark smoke is about regular smoke to everyone else when it comes to zer gravity). Both screens work extrememly well, I bought them to reduce wind buffeting on my helmet, which they do. The ZG looks to be a nicer screen the the MS, but the MS is fine with me.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:47 PM

I got a zero gravity double bubble and it helped a lot

Quick Reply: Which windscreen helps with wind?