F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

will a stock f4i hang with a stock r6/600rr

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005 | 10:17 AM
Default RE: will a stock f4i hang with a stock r6/600rr

Drop one tooth up front and go up one tooth in rear and you'll keep up with 750's.

Old 07-18-2005 | 01:30 PM

Hi all, new member here, due to pick up a salvage '01 F4i trackbike next weekend. I was wondering what the stock gearing is. Since you can go down one in the front, I assume the stocker is a 16. What about the rear? 42?

I have ridden an Aprilia Falco for about 5 years now, and the stock gearing on it is 16/41. The RSV is 16/42 stock. Those are about the only references I have to go by, and with a bit less torque on the CBR, I imagine I will want to set it up for a little more torque even if it means sacrificing a bit of top end. Thanks.

-L1

Old 07-18-2005 | 02:46 PM

Usually I tend to leave a thread alone if Stretcher drops his 2 cents in but this time I have to ask the thread starter to back up for a second. And its not just you, there are plenty of guys and gals out there that could benefit from reading this, so dont feel "attacked".
If you are asking a question like this then I can only assume that you probably shouldnt be trying to "hang" with anyone while out riding, especailly a 954. Maybe you should let your saddle time accumulate, gain some experience, go to the track, then start worrying about changing your gearing. An F4i of any year, stock or not is a fast machine no matter how you look at it. This can be said about most machines that roll on two wheels. That doesnt matter in a lot of cases though. I GUARANTEE that my old, raggedy as*, 1998 F3, with 25k miles on it and I could "hang" most of the guys I see on F4i's, R6's, R1's, GSXR1000's, etc....out to dry like mom's laundry any day of the week. Its all about experience, so get some and stay safe.
Just 2 cents from a guy that has almost killed himself plenty of times on 2 wheels. Its soooo much fun until the wheels arent under you any more.

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Do yourself a favor and just go -1 first on the counter sprocket. Ride it for a couple of weeks and see how ya like it. I promise you will notice a difference. If it still doesn't accelerate fast enough for you then go +2 on the rear. Sprockets are relatively cheap ($15-$40) so it's a mod that makes a BIG difference but much more cost effective than HP mods. As has already been pointed out, if your chain already has a lot of miles on it you might think about replacing it also -- sprockets/chains do better as a set.

Old 07-18-2005 | 05:30 PM

Nevermind, I found it after a thorough search...

16/46 525