F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Will it fit???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 03:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will it fit???

G'day Guys

Can you tell me if a front fairing from a 2003 F4i will bolt straight onto my 2005 F4i

Old 02-11-2014, 04:33 AM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well its like this. On the Fiche it states that the upper cowl 01-06. They look damn near identical. There is different part numbers however. Upgraded part or somthin or other. With that said, I think it will go on. But just pointing that out about the part number thing.

My only concern is something really small they may have changed, like a tab or somthing on the insdie of the cowl, Im not sure. Also the upper cowl is fairly snug or tight to get on so it may be just a bit tigther ya know. But they are typically sold as the 01-06 part compatibility. Hope this helps. Keep your return options open but you should be ok.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 AM

It will fit, I have done it, there is no difference whatsoever in the positioning of tabs etc. The FS upper cowl is a few grams heavier than the F one, but I haven't figured out why, guess its been reinforced.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM

Cool thanks guys
Thats the only cowl I really need to replace on my bike and I found a second hand one for a bargain price on ebay

Old 02-11-2014, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by asterios
It will fit, I have done it, there is no difference whatsoever in the positioning of tabs etc. The FS upper cowl is a few grams heavier than the F one, but I haven't figured out why, guess its been reinforced.
Hes right,it will fit,i also have a newer cowl on my 01