Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: where are the sane people!?

ORIGINAL: crunkchris

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

ORIGINAL: crunkchris

if you want casual riding buy a harley, sport bikes werent made to trot around town
And streets weren't made to race around on either, so if I want to ride ***** to the wall I'll go to the track. On the street, casual riding it is
Right city streets werent, but why not hit up the twisties.
Cuz we have none South Florida roads SUCK!!! Straight and flat is all we got. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a spirited ride, especially in some twisties, and I'll still have fun, but I ain't gonna push my luck. The risk just isn't worth it to me. We share the roads with alot of other people, and NONE of them can be trusted, plus animals and road debris, gotta take all these things into consideration when deciding how hard you want to push it on the street. I try and ride respectfully towards others, because I want them to treat me with respect in return... it is after all, public roads, and we all gotta share. In my 91k miles of street riding I've only had a problem with 1 angry cager and 1 ******* cop... that's it. Everyone has their choice though, and for me I just ride like I want to ride again tomorrow

Old 05-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well ive only been riding my bike for a few weeks and i had my first encounter with a dumbass dog, a little one jumped out infront of me and my first panic was to hit the brakes, well these damn things have extreme front brakes, , i didnt wreck but now am learning to feather my brakes more.. cant imagine riding with people that you never know what they are going to pull.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:22 PM

ORIGINAL: GMW33

why cant you ride a sport bike casually? hell i ride mine to classes.. Most of us members but not all... haha are in the 20s and lets face it... im not ready to throw on a do rag and get a couple tats just so i can fit in with the local 40 year olds on their harleys. I ride as casual in town as i can, Noone likes an obnoxious town rider, when i get ourside of town and i am confident that there arent many people or vehicles, i will up it a little bit, but just for the rush. I think most riders on here are the same, otherwise they would not be smart enough to visit these forums

ya i think i worded my post wrong, i meant i didnt buy my sport bike to cruise around town to show off to the girls, i mean ya i commute with it but that wasnt its sole purpose, if it was i would have gotten something a little easier on the back. Ya i hate the retards that race through the city, but once your out in the country its ***** out. ya florida is a lotta straights, up here in Central NY we have some nice back roads!!

Old 05-26-2007, 10:47 PM

This reminds me of my post, of " Where's the skill at?" Ride cuz you enjoy it and have fun doing what you do. Like Tahoe said, Posing gets the chicks. Who can check you out if you are flying Mach 3? Cruise along slowly in town is fun and girls can actually see who you are. I rode around today nice and slow and turned more heads than zipping around.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:48 AM

stephens, do you like your scorpion exo helmet?.. i saw one today, looked like a good deal and i loved the inside

Old 05-27-2007, 04:21 AM

GMW33, its the most comfortable helmet ever. I paid 185 for it, prob a bit much but its my noodle in it and I can't buy another head. I wore my older Fulmer the other day, and I didn't realize how much ILOVE my Scorpion. Wear a piece and then put on a Scorpion, and you won't want anything else. Very lightweight and very comfortable.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:53 AM

yep, i saw it and liked the looks and feel, and thought damn, why did i just order an HJC, so i may get a refund

Old 05-27-2007, 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

This reminds me of my post, of " Where's the skill at?" Ride cuz you enjoy it and have fun doing what you do. Like Tahoe said, Posing gets the chicks. Who can check you out if you are flying Mach 3? Cruise along slowly in town is fun and girls can actually see who you are. I rode around today nice and slow and turned more heads than zipping around.
Ha ha hell ya!! we went downtown at like 2:15am on friday just when the bars were gettin out we were just standin by our bikes these absolutely beautiful girls were like sittin on the bikes and wantin to go for a ride and ****, made me wish i had an extra helmet

Old 05-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

using your bike to pick up girls is[sm=lame.gif].

its much funner to never mention the bike and just talk **** [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 05-28-2007, 03:19 PM

Using your bike or are they using you? Some chicks just want a free ride and I hate that. I would rather see a chick talk to me cuz they liked me. But the posing part of having a bike is fun too, cheaper too.

Quick Reply: where are the sane people!?