F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Where to buy rear tire online?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy rear tire online?

My guess is that I am gonna find the best deal over the internet. Any website suggestions on where to buy a rear tire? Also, any suggestions on what type of tire to get? I have a 2002 f4i. Thanks for any help.
-Jeff

Old 03-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Default RE: Where to buy rear tire online?

Tires are like women, It really depends on how you RIDE em. Do you want a long lasting relationship, well you have to ride carefully cause They will DUMP you if you push them to hard. Then there are the opposite ones. You can RIDE em hard all day, even take them to the track and really push the limit, but they aren't in it for the long haul. Those will dump you sooner or later, you just have to replace them before they get dangerous. Ha ha, JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!! about the women part. Seriously I really was just kidding (Don't tell my G/F I said that.)[:@].

If you are looking for tires I would suggest ebay. I know there are a few vendors that are good. I was looking at purchasing a pair of Pirelli Diablo Corsas' for $250 + $15 S/H That is for the front and rear. Here Check out this link He also has Metzlers, Dunlop, & a bunch of others. I have dealt with him before so I feel confident delaing with this guy. It is up to you which ever route you go. Good luck

Seriously, I was just kidding about the women part.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:22 PM

Haha, I like that....I only need a rear tire because mine right now has a nail in it! Sucks....the one on there now is a michelen tire. Do you have a recommendation on a brand? I do want a sticky tire. I found a Dunlop on ebay for $165 including shipping. Thanks for that link.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:58 PM

Try doing a search for motorcycle tires on Ebay. As far as tires go only you can make that decision. I like Pirelli personally but every tire company has something that is comprobable. Really it is about preference, I would suggest doing research on all tires before you buy. Good luck with your decision. And don't drive on nails! j/k

Steven

Old 03-07-2006, 11:15 PM

TWO WORDS! DENNIS KIRK!!

Old 03-07-2006, 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonmaster_91

TWO WORDS! DENNIS KIRK!!
two words OVER PRICED
checkout
http://www.motorcycletoystore.com/sport/
got my michilen pilot power for 119 including shipping...
other sites wanted 150+ not including shipping

Old 03-07-2006, 11:43 PM

haha, over priced for sure!

I just found the tire I want. Its a pirelli http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-P...spagenameZWDVW

I called dennis kirk because it is in their catalog too. Their catalog says they will beat any price by $1 including shipping. Kirks price was $212 PLUS shipping. I found it on ebay for $147 INCLUDING shipping. I called dennis kirk and the bitch told me "we wont beat their price, thats completely different." Thats not what their catalog says! What a bitch! Oh well, long live ebay!!!!!

Old 03-08-2006, 12:27 AM

I'm not going to say that Dennis kirk is always going to be the best price. I'm saying that if there is a tire your looking for they are one place that usually has it in stock. Ebay is a great resource but you cant always find exactly what you are looking for and if by chance you do someone will likely be biding on it too. Another fact about Ebay is the misconception that you wont be able to get a lower price. Or that the price the seller has listed is the best price you will find. NOT TRUE. I find stuff all the time on ebay that has a starting bid higher then a retail price at other locations even local stores. I would definately agree with using the internet to do some shopping. Lord knows you can find good deals if you know where to look.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:31 AM

http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/ <--they are FAST to get you your tires, and CHEAP!!!!

Old 03-08-2006, 11:19 AM

http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/mer...tore_Code=SWMT bought my tires there for about $200 for a pair. if you buy two or more tires, you get free shipping.

Quick Reply: Where to buy rear tire online?