F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Where to buy cct replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh theres definitely a rattle haha...but it sounds like its coming from the left side of the motor. i dunno if its just sound transfer or maybe the rattle is caused by something else...id prefer to diag my problem before throwing parts at it...i hate dealing with engine noises haha

Old 12-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

First time I noticed mine is when I changed my oil, wonder if this is related to length of service......

Old 12-15-2010, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by samras121
parts are gonna wear like they guy said. its not hard to put on in. take off the fairing two bolts and go. if you need to tighten a manual then you take off the fairings loosen the bolt, tighten the lifter then tighten the lock bolt. test it. then put the fairings back. if not. redo. the oem, just put it on and dont worry about it.
Replacing a major engine part every 10k is not acceptable engineering under any circumstance. Its ok with you that this part must be changed every 3 oil changes? While it is an easy repair it is a MAJOR PITA to do. I dont have 2-3 hours every 6 months for this issue. Im sure not giving the stealership $200 twice a yr for it.

I'm now considering a trade up due to this bs. Im POd.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:09 PM

2-3 hours for a cctl? i dunno if we're all talking about the same part here but that seems a bit excessive to me

Old 12-15-2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by speedyf4i
2-3 hours for a cctl? i dunno if we're all talking about the same part here but that seems a bit excessive to me
Ummm ya 2-3 hrs EASILY...taking fairings off...lifting tank...actually having the right tools and getting a grip within the first 20 trys on both nuts through the frame with swivel u-joint all while not dropping the screws/nuts...then doing the same process to align and tighten the new one down WITH GASKET aligned properly...its not as simple as it seems due to its location

Old 12-15-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by speedyf4i
Their is only one CCTL so I would assume we are talking about the same part.

Having actually done it I can say YES easily 2-3 hours and that is if the gasket isnt welded onto the block or you dont drop a washer.

Granted the first time will take longer but still way too much time every 6 months.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by MitchA
Their is only one CCTL so I would assume we are talking about the same part.

Having actually done it I can say YES easily 2-3 hours and that is if the gasket isnt welded onto the block or you dont drop a washer.

Granted the first time will take longer but still way too much time every 6 months.
So Mitch-If I remember correctly, I believe it was you who pointed me to the right cctl/gasket part on cheapcycles..I believe we have the same model J24 double-blue-dotted cctl...Are you 100% sure that this new J24 has gone out on you in just 7k miles?!??! Is it slowly going out or has it just gone and now sounds like chit? Given each cctl is different as is the bike...I am just wondering if that is going to happen to me!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 07:34 PM

Found this to be interesting: http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/261176.aspx
I haven't tried it yet, but will probably do it when I get a new oem acctl

Old 12-15-2010, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
So Mitch-If I remember correctly, I believe it was you who pointed me to the right cctl/gasket part on cheapcycles..I believe we have the same model J24 double-blue-dotted cctl...Are you 100% sure that this new J24 has gone out on you in just 7k miles?!??! Is it slowly going out or has it just gone and now sounds like chit? Given each cctl is different as is the bike...I am just wondering if that is going to happen to me!!!!!!
Yes the J24.

It's slowly going out. At this point Im nowhere near replacing it, I would guess at least half again as many miles before I do (10K seems to be a magic number) . The original was horrible when I bought the bike at 10k and Im sure now this was the reason I got a good deal. I like to ride and would hate to curtail based on this issue.

If in fact it does get really bad as I near 10k I will put in a manual unit. Much easier to adjust than replace the entire thing.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:30 AM

hmmm i guess being a mechanic by trade helps, it took me about a half hour to get to the cctl...having the right tools, and being trained to work fast pays off even when working on ur own vehicles haha

Quick Reply: Where to buy cct replacement?