F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Whats the fastest.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the fastest.

Ok Which is fastest - The Honda 600RR, the Honda F4i or the GSX 600. (Like 2003 and higher)
Im also looking for less maintenance

Im going to the dealers soon and I want to know which bike is the fastest? I commute to LA fron San Francisco a lot and I need a bike that will get me there with the quickness.

I've had a 03 GSX 600 but I never felt it as being really fast. The guy I bought it did something to it that made it pop wheelys like crazy and the engine was crap. Right now I'm using my girlfriend's Ninja 250 and it sucks specially when she drives and I ride in the back.

Thanks for your answers

Old 02-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Default RE: Whats the fastest.

you ride on a 250?and on the back?[sm=roll.gif] ..sorry. i have a f4i and its plenty fast for me, as far as matinace, well its a HONDA. you just about cant kill them with basic maintance (oilchanges,etc.) i belive the 600rr is faster but i dont imagine it beeing a huge diffrence. also if you gonna be topping out on your way to work you either gonna find a NASTY ticket or the grave driving that way everyday.

Old 02-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Default RE: Whats the fastest.

You ride ON THE BACK !?!??! We always joke about that between me and my girl, but damn....didn't think anyone did that for real. And on the back of a 250 as well.. holy ****. I bet that thing bogs down like crazy.

As for the bike poping wheelies all the time...look at the front and rear sprockets. I can almost guarantee that the previous owner changed them out to a 520 kit or so. Count the teeth on the sprockets and this will tell you. An even easier method is just to look and see if the sprockets are aftermarket. If that is the case there is a good chance that the guy went up a few in the rear and possibly down one in front as well. Change back to your old OEM sprocket count and you'll be back off in no time. The engine won't 'rev' out on the highway anymore either.

Second...I'm with MINDZ. Going for a faster bike for the commute is digging your own grave. Plus it gives a bad name to all sport riders when crazy a-holes are ALWAYS driving crazy. What if a minivan driving cager swerves off with kids in the car ??
Drive safe... There is a time and place for letting the bike out.. Traffic is not one of them.

Peace