F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What's the best stand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What's the best stand?

I am looking for front and rear stand. What works for you? Pictures or links would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:32 PM

pitbull stands are probably the best in my opinion. http://www.pit-bull.com/

Old 03-24-2009, 09:25 PM

Stay away from T-Rex, mine is a total piece of sh*t. Get a Pit-Bull or whatever decent stand your local shop has. If you order online you are likely going to have to put it together yourself which is easy but if you just buy from a local store you get one that you know is in good shape. Mine was a totally messed up piece of *** but I needed it as soon as it came in the mail so I didn't have time to send it back. T-Rex sucks ***.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a review on mine: BikeTek. They're used regularly and there hasn't been any problems with them

Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 PM

I have a T Rex front stand and its a great stand. My rear stand is a cheaper one I got on ebay. It works.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:54 PM

i bought some no name stands off ebay, i was happy with them..but now that i've used more different styles i'l tell you what you need to get

it's hard to find them but the best front stands use a pin that goes through the steering head, that way nothing is holding the forks and getting in the way when you are removing the axle or axle nut
for the rear it is far better to use spools...my stand has the cradle for the swingarm to rest in on each side and it has started to wear through the rubber and scratched my swingarm the last time i used it (only around a year old)

Old 03-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bwayers
i bought some no name stands off ebay, i was happy with them..but now that i've used more different styles i'l tell you what you need to get

it's hard to find them but the best front stands use a pin that goes through the steering head, that way nothing is holding the forks and getting in the way when you are removing the axle or axle nut
That is the triple tree adapter and I too would recommend getting a stand that has the triple tree adapter or at least have the capability to add the triple tree adapter at a later time if you don't purchase them together.

I have some T-Rex stands, front + triple tree and a rear. I like them. They are sturdy, but you will get mixed reviews about every brand, color, shape, size, etc. and you'll just have to pick and choose.

It would be better if you live near a place that has some stands that you can physically look/feel to see for yourself how they may perform for you. If you are only able to do an internet order, you'll have to just pick and choose based on what fits your needs.

From what I've found out when I was looking for stands was a lot of people said that PitBull is probably the best. You'll have a lot of in-between and some on the low side. I chose a brand that was in-between and at good price. T-Rex works for me and my bike has been on them for about 3 weeks now.

Good luck choosing.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine from the local 7-11. They were just sitting outside next to the building, so I helped myself. I think the brand is Borden, maybe Melody Farms. Yup thats right a couple milk crates. They work great, and the price was right, and they dont scratch up my swinger.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

pit-bull stands are regarded as the best of the best but you also pay more for them, I have a lockheart phillips rear stand that works just fine but if I ever bought another one i'd grab a pit-bull.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:38 PM

If you are actually going to use stands for a project instead of just lifting the bike every now and then for routine maintenance get some that have wheels that will actually roll. I've seen some in stores lately (usually painted white) and they have large urethane wheels on them like come on roller blades.

Quick Reply: What's the best stand?