Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

BikeTek Stands Review

Old 12-23-2008, 01:44 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BikeTek Stands Review

This is a brief review of BikeTek's Series 3 Rear Paddock Stand (swingarm) and the Series 3 Front Yoke Head Stand. Although the rear stand was purchased through Fly n Cycle as BikeTek ($40), the front one was purchased as generic through e-Bay by Best Choice Products ($70), even though it's the same one marketed under the name brand BikeTek.
I'm aware that there are better quality, name brand stands out there. This review for the stands I purchased is simply that ~ nothing more. It's not intended to promote and/or diminish any vendor or brand, but more as an attempt to justify my frugal attitude towards bent tubes with wheels on them.

Here's the first one to arrive, requiring kindergarten type assembly.

The tubes are constructed of fairly thick metal (steel) and although the craftsmanship is not exceptional, it is nonetheless befitting to their intended purpose. Inner sleeves guide the paddle stems and a cap was conveniently welded to the open end of the tubes. Finish is powder coating.

The wheel assembly consists of a small cylinder welded to the frame. An immobile steel rod welded inside this cylinder serves as the axis to which the plastic wheels are attached via a C-clip.

Here's the hardware. The paddles have rubber glued on the bottom. I will utilize a bicycle inner-tube wrapped around them to prevent scratching up the swingarm.

The front stand arrived, in a blank box, identical to the BikeTek ~ same everything. Included where five different sized pins, none of which fit the F4i (of course). The F4i required a 24mm pin, purchased separately ($8). Proper pin size and fit are essential for this style of stand to be effective.

Inside the pin hole,attention was given to ensure that this inner surface was smooth, with no exposed edges inside. Pin fitment is good with minimal movement. The rubber piece is nice and was not expected to be included.

The front stand is kind of a pain to put on. Seeing as the head of the pin is larger than the base, I found it easier to slip the pin into the bike, and then guide the stand in place. Removal of the horn was necessary as it's in the way of the pin cavity (on the F4i). The horn bracket is fairly thin and I think a minor bend to it will alleviate this clearance issue. Once in, it's very simple to raise the bike. Placement of the rear stand prior to attaching the front is highly recommended.

Here's my ride, flying high. The stands feel stable and solid, and I feel confident that they can support the weight of the bike, and probably more. If you've considered purchasing these before but where unsure, I hope this helps.

Last edited by Incognito; 07-08-2017 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Photobucket sucks
Old 04-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to say I just bought these stands myself and damn do they work great! The first lift is very scary if it's your first time but it's really simple and you can do it by yourself no problem, just be gentle and you'll understand in a second how to work it. I've lifted the bike by hand from the rear and it's not too bad but it's heavy, these make you feel like the Hulk or some Dragon Ball Z character when you raise it !

As for the holders, mine are a soft rubber foam mat that covers the entire area so no chance of a scratch. Moving the springs to the outside pushed them out and almost perfectly in place. In my situation having the springs for the rear stand on the inside did not work out as they pushed the holders in too far so this made a very scary one man job. Resting the bike against the inside hip I felt comfortable enough to lean over and push it in place the last bit and up she went. I've got an F2 so the space may be different but if you got an F2, I recommend springs on the outside and you'll almost wanna lift your bike just to see it floating

You really can't go wrong with these as he said, they're very stable, and I'd almost trust myself to sit on the bike, though I will never try... It's not always about having the most expensive thing, since it's not always the best thing as I'm sure everyone's experienced at one point even the most expensive thing can be the biggest POS. It's about purpose and quality, then price, this being a perfect example.

Last edited by entity-unknown; 04-15-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 AM

This is exactly what I was looking for. I am buying some today cuz god knows how hard cleaning a damn chain is with a 400 pound bike =P

Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the head stand pin fit underneath the triple tree or the headstock of the frame?

Old 04-30-2009, 08:15 AM

Excellent write-up BTW. Good pictures too.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Does the head stand pin fit underneath the triple tree or the headstock of the frame?
Under the triple tree. If you look, there's a hole in the middle; that's what the pin slips into.
You'll have to remove/relocate the horn. Thanks Name:  thumb.gif
Views: 167
Size:  177 Bytes

Name:  IMG_1224.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  46.2 KB

Old 04-30-2009, 12:32 PM

Okay...then I'll stick with my fork stands. Occasionally, I need something to allow me to remove my front end. Considering the price, this looked like a great buy and a good replacement for the front stand I have already. But it would only give minimally increased functionality. However, I must admit that fork stands can be a PITA sometimes.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:43 PM

I just ordered a pair of these stands, and they should be here in about a week... I paid about a hundred bucks for the pair, including shipping.... I know you get what you pay for, but i don't need anything spectacular... It's not like i need performance GP stands.... just something to use so i can work on my bike MUCH easier, so i dont have to use my car jack + 4x4's anymore..... What a pain in the *** that is...

Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 PM

how much was the front stand?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:45 PM

I bought them as a pair. Buuut im not very crazy about them.... i wish i spent the extra money for better stands

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BikeTek Stands Review