F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What's the best gloves? In your opinion and why.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on Held, or RevIt. Pricey but excellent gloves.

Komodo makes some nice gloves, factory outlet so cheaper but still very nice.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call me dumb, but even though I'm no craigslist stunter, I don't like wearing gloves. I understand the benefits, but when I do, they're just thin Ironclad gloves I picked up from Menards for 15 dollars. I really wear them so stuff coming off the road of bugs don't take chunks out of my hands.

Plus I'm super picky about gloves, and that you shouldn't be able to feel the stitching in the fingers. I need some cheap reverse stitching gloves.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best? Well, hard to say what *best* is b/c its somewhat a matter of opinion. However, its good to know what other's experiences are w/ dif types of gloves.

I think its best, if possible, to try on as many dif types of gloves as possible b/f purchase. Gloves fit dif on dif hand types. So, what's great for one person may not be good for another, etc. Too, you can examine contruction & materials the gloves are made w/ first hand.

Currently, I wear Icon Merc gauntlets on a daily basis for commuting. They are comfortable, durable, & somewhat thicker gauge than others...good value for the price. Have over two yrs on same pair...& they're not babied either. I didn't buy b/c of the brand name but rather b/c I liked the fit & construction. They could've had "Acme" on the tag & I still would've bought them.

Name:  P1030219-1.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  127.7 KB

Currently for track, I'm using Spidi Race Vents. These fit like a second skin on me, allowing me to feel every nuance of the bike on the track. I'll be sad when these wear out, as its very hard to get Spidi products in the US these days.

Name:  P1030220-1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  142.8 KB

Good luck in your glove shopping.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I finally got around to ordering my Teknic gloves today... black Teknic Chicanes... I will use them for the 'colder' season... probably late Feb or March through May... they don't have much ventilation and the leather should keep my hands warm...

SportBikeTrackGear has them on special for $35.95.. can't miss at that price for a leather full gauntlet glove...
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...+Glove+Special

After that I'll grab a set of A* 3/4 gloves more than likely (as I said before). Those recommending the SMX.. would you say that they are comparable or better than the 3/4s? They look pretty good, and they are the same price. My current Joe Rockets are comfortable as hell, but they offer little to no protection and full vent mesh construction... hence the upgrade

Last edited by Turbulenz; 01-28-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those look pretty nice for daily wear. Good price too. How 'bout a rider-report on them down the line? Enjoy.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Official Welcome Crew

I definately will.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:43 PM

I don't believe there is a such a thing as "best gloves". There are way too many styles, brands, etc.

I run Alpinestars GP-Plus currently.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM

I'm pretty interested with thise pair as well, and same as you, this will be for the colder days. Please give us feed back.

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
I finally got around to ordering my Teknic gloves today... black Teknic Chicanes... I will use them for the 'colder' season... probably late Feb or March through May... they don't have much ventilation and the leather should keep my hands warm...

SportBikeTrackGear has them on special for $35.95.. can't miss at that price for a leather full gauntlet glove...
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...+Glove+Special

Old 02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Official Welcome Crew

I certainly will.. the tracking number shows that they should be here Wednesday. I can test how they feel and fit. Hopefully I will be riding in mid or late February. Im totally craving a ride lately.. lol

hopefully the weather will cooperate some and get at least into the upper 40s or low 50s.. it finally broke freezing today... yay... <sarcasm>

Old 02-01-2010, 07:05 PM

assault gloves are what ill be rocking this year!

https://secure.usstandardissue.com/P...ail.cfm?id=117

40 bucks.

Quick Reply: What's the best gloves? In your opinion and why.