F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What tires should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What tires should I get?

I would suggest a ST tire based on what you said about how you are going tobe riding your bike.
I had the Diablos on mine before and LOVED them. Got about 4K out of the rear, front still looked pretty good a that mileage. They heated up quick and had excellent steeering characteristics on the track.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:42 PM

jlh is stunna type...doing them ballerina wheelies with uber low pressure = premie wear...muhahahahah

Old 11-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tahoe, as much as you rave about these perelli diablo's, im very interested in trying them but what kinda price can you find them for? i can get a set of PP's for $248 shipped. im not bashing your prefered brand, i'd love to try'em! plus, all i keep hearing is people dont get anywhere near double digits as far as miles go. i got 10k out of my PP's. i dont stunt, dont wheelie, dont do burnouts.

maybe next time i'll give'm a shot though.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

jlh is stunna type...doing them ballerina wheelies with uber low pressure = premie wear...muhahahahah
You know you might be right about the pressure. I might not of had it up to tire specs. That would explain. My tire now looks like a damn dirtbike tire, but its lasting. lol

Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 PM

cycle gear had a deal where you got both for less than 2...buy rear full price, get a free front...otherwise, the price should be the same. 10K on PPs...that is the first time i've heard this!

STOP RIDING IN THE GRASS AND THE DIRT! muahahahahhahahah....

Old 11-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Retired Moderator

When I was shopping for my PP's, I actually found the Diablos for about twenty dollars cheaper for the set. Maybe I just bought my PP's from the wrong place. I was on the verge of getting the Diablos because of T-bone (Tahoe), but I went a different way being the rebel that I am.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 PM

voodoo didn't want to be a non-comformist so he went with the pp...also...the acronyms just worked well with his favorite body part.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

voodoo didn't want to be a non-comformist so he went with the pp...also...the acronyms just worked well with his favorite body part.
Haha...I'm on the bandwagon for sure, T! In regard to my PP...I keep excercising it, and it never gets bigger. I'll keep trying, though. So, Tahoe, what is the learning curve for changing skins like? If a certain Mawfaki was going to try a new tire after several thousand miles on another, would they have trouble, or would it be"intuative" if their body positionwas semi-sound? I went from some Bridgestone Bt010's and it was an upgrade to the Battlax's, so I was/am in heaven. What about going from one great tire to another? Is there a big difference?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd love to try them (diablos) but all i keep reading is people are only getting 4-6k out of them. i do atleast 2k miles a month, i dont want to buy tires every two months, lol!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Retired Moderator

^^^ "Only" 4-6K? I don't think that isso bad...

Quick Reply: What tires should I get?