F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What tires should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What tires should I get?

I just put pirelli diablo strada on mine.
I was trying to strike a balance detween adequate traction and longevity. It's been raining, so I have'nt had a chance to ride em yet
But I think we are close to the same with our situation. Any tire(besides like shinco and whatnot)will do you ok with a decently non-aggressive riding style. That's the road I took, and got sport touring tires.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

rodantking

I absolutely agree on the fact that there is alot more than just traction when it comes to tires. I personally rode nothing but the bridgestone battlax for a couple of years and swore by them.

I was just trying to assure the person that if they went with the pp's (2ct or not) they would be more than satisfied.

I understand there are many other choices. This is a subject that is just as sensitive as the difference in the f4i or the rr in my opinion. But that is just my .02
I really wasn't digging on you. I knew where you where going. I just didn't want him thinking that he needs the stickiest rubber. there is more to the rider than the tire. the average person can't take a road tire to its limits.

Back to the first post. Find a sale on a name brand tire and buy it. If you're getting them to move at your level, work on smothness and the problem will go away and have fun finding out how differant tires feel....traction, stability, feedback, turn in, ect.. The less than perfect choise isn't going to take anything away from the bike at this point, it will just make it differant.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: O lively

I just put pirelli diablo strada on mine.
I was trying to strike a balance detween adequate traction and longevity. It's been raining, so I have'nt had a chance to ride em yet
But I think we are close to the same with our situation. Any tire(besides like shinco and whatnot)will do you ok with a decently non-aggressive riding style. That's the road I took, and got sport touring tires.
+1 this is a good option because what S.T. tires are really lacking, for me, is feed back from the front tire and when you just starting you one will not be riding hard enough most the time to get it even from a sport tire, 2nd you won't know what your feeling anyway because you will be distracted by to many other things. When you do change and you are riding faster it will all make sence because you are ready to hear what the tires are saying.

Also, in my oppion the powers really don't like being treated to nice. There shape makes them not to want to hold a line (the bike wants to continue into a stepper angle) speed and the throttle gets them to hold the line.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:36 AM

What do you mean about the shape of the PP's? Is this the triangular profile i've been hearing about?
Are there any other tires that are shaped like this?

Old 11-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as a noob, i'd recommend rectangular profiled stone tires, like the ones fred flintsone used...to prevent the bike from ever falling over.

as for traction...yes some tires are better than others, but in the end...it all comes to rider input. if you're smooth, you can rule on touring tires, etc...

too many folks go straight for what they think they need as far as equipment, rather than working on themselves. the trick is to be smooth...and you can drag knee, pass *****, etc. on 208s.

IMO...PP is a band wagon tire...anyone who has tried anything pirelli would know that the pirelli line is where the buck meets the rubber and the rubber meets the road.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:48 PM

I loooooved my Pirelli Diablo...for about 3 months until i got an f-in nail in it[>:]

Old 11-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Banned

Tahoe,

I agree I have jumped all over the pp wagon. I think the pirelli's will be my next try. Which ones do you suggest?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC
as a noob, i'd recommend rectangular profiled stone tires, like the ones fred flintsone used...to prevent the bike from ever falling over.

as for traction...yes some tires are better than others, but in the end...it all comes to rider input. if you're smooth, you can rule on touring tires, etc...

too many folks go straight for what they think they need as far as equipment, rather than working on themselves. the trick is to be smooth...and you can drag knee, pass *****, etc. on 208s.

IMO...PP is a band wagon tire...anyone who has tried anything pirelli would know that the pirelli line is where the buck meets the rubber and the rubber meets the road.
I was expecting this... I've seen on other threads you're quite the Pirelli advocate )
What would you say it's best for me between Corsa III, regular Diablos and Diablo Strada?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you won't be disappointed with any of the newer tires, but it's gotta match what you're after.

if you're just cruising around town and commute, etc...and rarely hit the twists or ride aggressively, then you use any of the tires in the sport touring line - get you extended miles and decent traction. about 7-10K miles.

if you want to do some commute and also hit up twists, occasional track day (max is probably 2 per this line of tire)...then you stick with the sport tire...diablos, pp, bt014 (i'm currently running these, not because i want to, but because i got a free rear), qualifiers, m3s, etc....they'll yield from 3-6K miles...but on liter bikes, decreased drastically.

if you're doing mostly tract and some streets...diablo corsa

if all trackdays...oh...you lucky *****...supercorsa dragon bling bling stuff...or power race line, etc...

so it's up to you and your riding style...

diablo is probably the best all around tire i've tried. i love metzlers, but for some reason they wear out very quickly. the strada did give more life but it doesn't have great warm up time...then again, i don't think any of the sport touring line has great warm up time. the BTs i currently have...they aight...but i'm sure it's 90% mental.

t

Old 11-28-2007, 09:59 AM

My Diablo only lasted me 2300 miles till metal. Just for your information that is. I loved it tho, just couldnt afford it, so i had to change. And there was no burnouts.

Quick Reply: What tires should I get?