F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What did you do with your F4i today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by highercal
Lost a sidefairing on the 405 freeway today. yeah im super bummed.
I thought losing my chain on the freeway 5 miles from home sucked.

It sounds like you made it back ok though (assuming you didn't run over the fairing and crash or anything) which is always good.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:07 AM

Rode it for the first time in several weeks. Got the bike covered in bugs, got myself covered in sweat, and stalled it right in front of a group of people trying to go up my friend's steep *** driveway

Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 PM

Ordered the Ebay gp shizz "exhaust", I do feel kind of like a douche because it will more than likely be REALLY loud, but it's cheap, looks a 1000x better than the stock monster can, and I'd rather spend my +-$500 on gear and a new rear tire right now than an exhaust that I have to cut down anyways just to look halfway decent.

01 02 CBR 600 F4i Short Stubby GP exhaust SLIP-ON BLACK

Old 09-06-2011, 11:13 PM

Gave the bike a good cleaning today, then took a nice ride down to I.B....On the way home some rookie on a busa goes flying past me in the same lane I'm in, then he slows and keeps trying 2 race me. Dude's only wearing a tank top and some basketball shorts. Classic.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nickell80
Ordered the Ebay gp shizz "exhaust", I do feel kind of like a douche because it will more than likely be REALLY loud, but it's cheap, looks a 1000x better than the stock monster can, and I'd rather spend my +-$500 on gear and a new rear tire right now than an exhaust that I have to cut down anyways just to look halfway decent.

Post vid/pics when you get it, I like the look a lot.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by CBRken
Post vid/pics when you get it, I like the look a lot.
I plan to.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:52 AM

I have just fitted a set of front and rear HEL SS braided hoses and got my bike ready for it's MOT tomorrow. Gave it a good clean and used Autosol on the exhaust (standard) from previous scratches/dullness from using wet and dry paper to remove a scratch (useless).

I had heard this stuff recommended and decided to go for it. All I can say is I have an exhaust that now looks like it hasn't come from a scrappers and bolted on!

Old 09-07-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nickell80

That exhaust was on my old F4i before I switched to my Yoshi. Yes...that exhaust is going to be VERY LOUD.

Honestly you will probably grow tired of it pretty fast.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by MyOwnMechanic
That exhaust was on my old F4i before I switched to my Yoshi. Yes...that exhaust is going to be VERY LOUD.

Honestly you will probably grow tired of it pretty fast.
I am thinking the same thing, im just planning on asking for new tires and gear for my bday next month, and if the pipe does get annoying i'll just ask for an exhaust for xmas.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:32 PM

depends on who you are and how much attention you like. you will get a lot, from girls to bacon munchers(lots and lots or bacon munchers). the low end will feel like **** with no back pressure. there is still a lot of debate on if the lack of back pressure actually messes up the exhaust valves. my advice is to get an exhaust off a downed bike and cut it down

Quick Reply: What did you do with your F4i today?