CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   What did you do with your F4i today? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/what-did-you-do-your-f4i-today-129904/)

Nickell80 08-21-2011 04:52 PM

What did you do with your F4i today?

I searched and couldn't find another one of these threads, hopefully this one will stick.

I had a fairly crazy day today with the bike so I thought I could share, without making a thread just about me so others can share what they have done and are doing.

Sooo...

Today I:
Adjusted the air pressure in the tires.
Took the fairings off for the first time since I got the bike.
Changed the oil (Rotella T6) just to find out the filter is totally stuck and I couldn't put the new one on.
Re-tuned the Power Commander after switching to premium fuel only.
Got bit by the exhaust and burned my calf (used to it from MX though).
Went on a little ride and accidentally dragged some knee.
Broke my chain on the Interstate 3 miles from the apartment on my way back.
Got towed home.

Oh, and last week the screws for my HB undertail came off, plate dropped, and somebody stole it at the college.
:icon_crackup:

I think I'm done for today, wont be able to buy a new chain for a little since rent and school money is due next week.

aurora_F4i 08-21-2011 05:01 PM

Went for a ride in the country and some idiots in cheap sports cars kept wanting to race me. They would come to a dead stop in the road and I went to pass and the front guy of three cars takes off. Of course he started like 100 yds ahead. He was so proud of him self.

Munson 08-21-2011 06:12 PM

Put on the new tires I ordered a while ago ($189 for a pair of Pirelli Diablos shipped from cyclegear). Well, I didn't put them on myself, I just took the wheels off the bike and took the wheels and the new tires to the flat-fix place in my neighborhood, and he mounted them.

The old tires were the ones that were on the bike when I bought it. They were Metzeler M3s that still had some tread left on them, but the rear was getting squared off from too much slabbing to and from work, and they were quite old - like four and a half years. I'm hoping to get to the track once or twice more this season and I don't think it's a good idea to push my luck again on old, dried out tires. It also turns out there was an inner tube in the rear, so there must have been a puncture that the guy I bought from never bothered to tell me about. [insert snarling emoticon]

Then I gave the bike a bath since it was pretty dirty from riding home in Friday's downpour. Now it's raining again.

InitialG93 08-21-2011 07:55 PM

I cleaned and waxed it, aired up the tires, filled the tank, fogged the cylinders, added sta-bil, and put it on its stands in my parents garage.

I'm leaving for college tomorrow and the bike is staying at my parents so I basically winterized it.

Incompatible 08-21-2011 08:20 PM

Pulled the seat cowling off and repaired the cracks (JB Weld with metal reinforcement plate on interior) present in the left and right forward bolt holes. In a couple of days I'll do a little exterior touch up. For 30 minutes of work and $7.00 expense it will stabilize the cracks and cover 90% of the visual damage. Would have preferred to be out riding but I didn't want the cracks getting any bigger.

Kevwa451 08-21-2011 08:35 PM

I looked at it in the garage for a few minutes, haven't ridden in two weeks cause it needs a new chain, spark plugs and oil change. Finding time for basic maintenance is killing me with a 60 hour work week.

Honda125 358 08-21-2011 08:42 PM

Today I took her for a little ride. Chain is begging for replacement.

This summer I got some work done to her, including an undertail, made my own tail lights, installed 55w 6000k HIDs, hotbodies flushmounts, new dunlop Q2's, rear brakes, manual cam chain tensioner....uhm I think that is all. Up next is an electronic trunk release and audi lights/turn signals....

Honda125 358 08-21-2011 08:43 PM

oh, I shortened the exhaust about five inches and recleared the can (carbon fiber). Great freshener

Cheever 08-21-2011 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today I ordered new fairings from Cbrfairings.com, waiting for the season to be over before I install them though. I also ordered the final parts for the tail swap, also doing the swap in the off season.

psycho bob 08-21-2011 09:42 PM

after getting my 03 about 4 years ago (abandoned not running). i finally got around to getting a front fairing for it. bike was missing the headlight and harness so it wouldn't run. was able to pick up the fairing w/ all lights & wiring for 350 shipped. hopefully that is all it needs to get up and going. then just have to work on a title.