F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What is the clean air mod on a F4I?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spoolie25
just a few things a pcv valve helps vent .. i work on cars and went to mmi for bikes a vent is needed or you will blow seals and gaskest. i will stand my that till the day i die . and the reson for that .. is i worked at a dealer and this car kept blowing the valve cover gaskest long story short the pcv valve was pluged shut . so can you just put a stright where the pair goes .. ??? and keep the vent . the vent is needed.. thats like us breathing in a bubble with no way to get air in or out . and for the people who will say it gets freash air . think about it its sealed if it was not the bike would lose oil. .and another experance i had my turbo set up on my car i was at high rpms doing about 140 .. and the dip stick blow out and blew oil all over every thing . why you say . becase my pcv tube was too small the motor could not breath correctly..
You got it. PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation). Hence why I am confused on why you would want to plug something like this.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krux
You got it. PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation). Hence why I am confused on why you would want to plug something like this.
This is why the mod everyone is passing around is flawed. You can still plug up the PAIR system because it is just for emissions but you should leave the pcv in place.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by DBEAU
This is why the mod everyone is passing around is flawed. You can still plug up the PAIR system because it is just for emissions but you should leave the pcv in place.
and bingo was his name-o

Old 04-02-2011, 06:22 PM

ok so pretty much just stright the two and plug the air box.. ???

Old 04-02-2011, 06:36 PM

holy torpedoes batman......

PCV is extremely important for your motor. This mod DOES NOT block your PCV system. By placing a "T" inline with the valve cover breather and the 2 reed valves, you are in fact INCREASING your crankcase vacuum.

The reed valves (hoses 1 and 2) are one way valves that are pulling vacuum because of the exhaust gasses flowing by. By connecting hose 1 and 2 to hose 4, you are now pulling more vacuum through your valve cover and crankcase.

If this mod blocked or disabled crankcase vacuum, you could unscrew your oil cap and see oily fumes puffing out with the bike running. But this does does not happen.

This is a very common mod to do and can be done on many different types of bikes. If there were any negative effects you can be sure that there would be many more threads with people having problems.

Old Man Roger explains it perfectly in this thread on stuntlife.com
Note: The OP in this thread had faulty reed valves or a race modded head designed to block the reed valves, hence the extreme crankcase pressure....

Last edited by Sick97SS; 04-02-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
This is a very common mod to do and can be done on many different types of bikes. If there were any negative effects you can be sure that there would be many more threads with people having problems.
Previous owner did this mod on my first bike (01 F4i) back in 04... I started leaking Blinker Fluid from this mod, be careful!

Old 04-02-2011, 11:59 PM

omg thats horrible wat kinda mad man would do such a horrible mod to his bike

lmao

Old 04-03-2011, 01:46 PM

thats what i am screaming lol. this is a no no . i dont car what people say i WILL NOT BLOCK THE VENT i will link the other to together thats it

Old 04-03-2011, 06:31 PM

dude this mod doesnt hurt ****,hasnt ne one relized that everyone has this mod nd there has been no negetive feedback,for gods sake stunters do it nd run there bikes at like 10grand nd there still do the mod

Old 04-20-2011, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by oldskool21
dude this mod doesnt hurt ****,hasnt ne one relized that everyone has this mod nd there has been no negetive feedback,for gods sake stunters do it nd run there bikes at like 10grand nd there still do the mod
While I think it more-so hurts emissions and makes it a smelly bike... Not damages it...

Your argument that stunters do it... Does nothing reassuring concerning long term dependability of the bike. They break and rebuild almost every part of the bike, perhaps much more than racers. And they certainly do not get a very long life comparably out of the bike. So just don't say stuff like that anymore. Stunters do not really care about long term reliability. They want their frame to stay in shape, and the bike to turn on right away after they crash (screw the term "lay down", its a crash, no one does it on purpose) the bike doing something.

Quick Reply: What is the clean air mod on a F4I?