F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

What is the clean air mod on a F4I?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But most stunters are broke and not looking to rebuild their bike every week, so yes long term reliability does matter to the average stunter.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 AM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coolbluedab
While I think it more-so hurts emissions and makes it a smelly bike... Not damages it...

Your argument that stunters do it... Does nothing reassuring concerning long term dependability of the bike. They break and rebuild almost every part of the bike, perhaps much more than racers. And they certainly do not get a very long life comparably out of the bike. So just don't say stuff like that anymore. Stunters do not really care about long term reliability. They want their frame to stay in shape, and the bike to turn on right away after they crash (screw the term "lay down", its a crash, no one does it on purpose) the bike doing something.

its does concern "long term dependability" bcuz if you roll your bike on its lid then it will suck oil in the air box and hydro lock your piece. If you're lucky you can take the plugs out and get all of it out but if your not then your valves are bent and your engine is f'd as they say

Old 04-21-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by nickels
its does concern "long term dependability" bcuz if you roll your bike on its lid then it will suck oil in the air box and hydro lock your piece. If you're lucky you can take the plugs out and get all of it out but if your not then your valves are bent and your engine is f'd as they say
So what you are saying is, it may help the motor if you plan on crashing a lot.
I keep it on 2.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by coolbluedab
So what you are saying is, it may help the motor if you plan on crashing a lot.
I keep it on 2.
No, he is saying it will save your motor... you only gotta crash ONCE!

Old 04-21-2011, 11:27 AM

Exactly. If you low side on your left side and your bike gets away from you and continues to run, then you may have more than just fairings to fix.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:59 PM

Read through this thread yesterday. Whats the easiest way to do this mod that can be reversed if I ever sell the bike? Only supposed to bypass the pair valve but leave the pcv valve?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is only ONE way to do it, no cutting required.

Takes all of 2 minutes to put the stock Pair Valve back in if you ever needed to.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:24 PM

There is a way to do it with the pair valve still in it. I may have pictures from when I did it, but I have to check when i get home.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:59 PM

Which way is reversible though? Can someone give me a link to a picture or post #? I just dont care too much bout having to gut this and cut that. lol

Old 04-21-2011, 05:45 PM

I have the pair blockoff plaates on my 97 XX and it was like that when I bought it 5 yrs ago. I now have over 57k on it and it still runs as stronge as new and never gave me an issue.
The pcv valve NEEDS TO BE HOOKED UP!!!! End of story. The pair valve can go bye bye no questions asked.
Most bike have a bank angle sensor so if you crash it will shut the bike down so no worries on sucking enough oil into the motor to damage it. Unless you removed the said sensor. In that case you maybe screwed!!!!
Keep the shiny side up and the pcv valve connected and its all good.... by the way the dyno may notice the minor HP increase but the average seat of the pants wont notice **** with the power these bike produce. Smoother throttle yes less popping. Yeah more power eah maybe but who knows....

Quick Reply: What is the clean air mod on a F4I?