F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Vibration Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration Issues

Hello, all I am the owner of a 2001 CBR 600 F4I
It has about 35,000 miles but is in pretty good shape. It has been dropped once, I've been told while not moving, but who really knows.
I have noticed a vibration while riding that seems to originate in the rear, which I noticed soon after buying the bike just 4 months ago. It has good Dunlop Sportmax tires with a healthy amount of tread left. My front brakes were chattering a bit ago, and after inspecting the rotors, I found one to be slightly warped. I sanded the rotors and pads, but that did not help. I bought a new one, put it on, and my brakes were smooth as silk. Still had a vibration from what I think is the tires, maybe a bit of run-out, from either bad tires or improperly seated bead. I took the rear tire in to be balanced, but it still vibrated after that which was odd. Anyways, rode it for maybe 100 miles, and the vibration came back when using front brakes.... ****

So, I am considering buying new tires to fix the constant vibration but first will try reseating the rear tire 180 degrees around the rim. The front tire also seems to have a couple of bulge spots.

I can feel the front-brake vibration in my lever when pulling, makes me think that the rotor somehow warped again?

Any input on what is causing the front brake vibration/rotor problem would be helpful, as well as if it would be possible that I have tire runout in what seem like quite high-quality tires.

FYI: my rims seems to be perfect, not bent or anything

Thank you for any help

Old 04-28-2020, 04:29 AM
Welcome crew
Received 212 Likes on 191 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

If either tire has 'bulge spots', I'd be getting it off the rim asap, regardless of how much tread. If they are old (you can check the manufacture date on the sidewall) and been sitting still for a few months, they can develop flat spots as well. There are plenty of tire sales going on now and, given the importance of good rubber, that's where I'd start.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:37 PM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Do you have a front paddock stand ? I think you need to strip and clean those front calipers or your going
to be buying discs for a while.
Your rear braking system should probably be looked over for anything defective.