F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

bridgestones made for F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bridgestones made for F4i?

Does anyone with an 06' have bridgestone battlax BT10 tires. When I saw the description of these tires, it seems that these were made specifically for the F4i. Does anyone know why that is. They seem to be very good tires, but I haven't experienced any other brands so I guess I wouldn't know if there's anyting better. But they handle very well in my opinion. I was just wondering how these tires compare to the heavyweghts such as the Michelin PP, which is the one I was looking to be my next set.

I'm not trying to start a tire debate, I'm just looking for a comparison between Battlax and PP's

Old 09-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bridgestones made for F4i?

ORIGINAL: kcinobro

Does anyone with an 06' have bridgestone battlax BT10 tires. When I saw the description of these tires, it seems that these were made specifically for the F4i. Does anyone know why that is. They seem to be very good tires, but I haven't experienced any other brands so I guess I wouldn't know if there's anyting better. But they handle very well in my opinion. I was just wondering how these tires compare to the heavyweghts such as the Michelin PP, which is the one I was looking to be my next set.

I'm not trying to start a tire debate, I'm just looking for a comparison between Battlax and PP's
there is no comparision between those two lol. And no because I prefer one over the other. they intended for different uses. I believe the BT10's are more of a hwy tire than say a canyon curver.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:11 AM

Oh ok. That makes sense. Thanks PlayfulGod. I keep hearing that PP's are very comfortable tires. If what you said is true then Battlax's are made of a harder compound and I'm probably missing out on a smoother ride. But longevity is good too. I have 5600 miles on mine so far and my front tire looks unscathed. My back is squaring out a little, but I can tell that is has alot of miles left on it. I'm having the rear replaced due to a plug. But I was going to switch it for a PP, but that might be a bad idea to have a hard tire in front and a softer one on the back, huh?

Old 09-28-2007, 12:15 AM

I had the same dilemma (got a flat in the rear) and I jsut decided to get the same brand. I had my old bridgestone that would hold me over for a while but I asked and decided to run the same tire. Cost more (had to buy a new rear) but comfort and peace of mind are worth every penny in the end.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:28 AM

Right. Thats the same thing I'm going to do. I really want to see what the big deal is with the PP's, but I'd rather have both front and rear replaced with them instead of just one. It was just peculiar to me to see that the Battlax was the "OEM replacment tire specifically made for the F4i's riding capabilities" according to kneedraggers description.

Still trying to figure that one out....

Old 09-28-2007, 09:56 AM

Different tires for different applications. You're only going to see what the big deal is with the PP's if you like hitting up the twisties. I've tried 2 sets of PP's, and I'm not running a Pirelli Diablo and I like them as well. Both good tires for hitting the turns, not the best for getting miles out of lol.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Retired Moderator

I had the Battlax's on my bike, too. I thought they were a good tire, but I came home with a bolt in the rear one dayand decided to swap out for PP's. I thought I was riding on a cloud by comparison, and the bike felt like it was on auto pilot in the twisties. HUGE difference between the two for me!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:31 PM

My bike came with theBT010's and they are fine for the street, but one track day tore them up something fierce. Switched to Corsa III's and I like them much better, the front tire feels much more planted in the corners and they areof courseWAY stickier. The stockers lasted 4k miles and I'm guessing the Corsa
III's willlast~3k miles including a few track days.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:05 PM

slickstones suck. michelin is the ****

Old 09-29-2007, 12:24 PM

Good info. I guess with my riding style now (pretty much going to work and back, no twisties, and a road trip here and there) the bridgstones should do just fine. 5600 miles and I still have a 1 inch chicken strip on the back tire. I know some might not prefer them but I like them alot. Nevertheless, I have michelins on my car and they've been the most comfortable tire I've experienced, and I'm sure they'll have the same affect on a motorcycle. So I'll get the PP's for my next set of tires for sure.

Quick Reply: bridgestones made for F4i?