F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Vertical License Plate Mount w/ Hotbodies Undertail

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertical License Plate Mount w/ Hotbodies Undertail

Just received and installed my new undertail kit. I was looking at a vertical plate holder to mount on the rear axle. Anyone have one of these installed or know off hand what size the axle is? Found a couple plate holders that say they fit 3/4" or 1" axles. I also picked up a rear hugger on eBay for a pretty sweet deal. I plan on painting them at some point to match the bike.

Thanks,
Josh

Old 01-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully you didn't get the triangular hugger that they are selling all over ebay that say they are for the F4ibut actually only fit the RR.

Name:  tyga-carbon-rear-hugger-cbr-600rr-2005-2010.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  11.5 KB

Old 01-18-2012, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
Hopefully you didn't get the triangular hugger that they are selling all over ebay that say they are for the F4ibut actually only fit the RR.

I am picking up an 04 rr this weekend. I see im only a few short hours away from you. I can unload that off your hands if needed. lol

Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you grab that yellow one for $20 I wonder? I almost bought it but let pass.. Didn't look like a quality piece.. I hope I was wrong (if you bought it I mean)

JMO those mounts tend to look weird on sport bikes.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 PM

oh and yes I agree with Turbulenz. I find side mounts are more of a harley thing. Sports bikes are sleek and aggressive looking and then to have a sideways plate hanging off the back wheel just seams out of place.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:08 AM

I tend to stay away from those cheap deals on ebay as I tend to be nervous about the quality issues. I found a used hugger that was sanded/primed and the undertail was red and unopened. Both turned out to be quality pieces and the install turned out real nice.

On the plate mount, I hadn't found any threads that talked about them... so I wondered if the look was going to be a bit "off" on a sportbike. Maybe I'll just install the little brackets that came with the kit first and see what I think. Plan on painting anyway and can always patch a few screw holes if I don't like it. I'm going to try and get some pics and a video today after work so I can post 'em up if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the input!
Josh

Old 01-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jondevos
I am picking up an 04 rr this weekend. I see im only a few short hours away from you. I can unload that off your hands if needed. lol
I haven't bought one myself, I was just saying for the OP to stay away from it.
If your near Toronto, Are you on www.gtamotorcycle.com Good place for group rides in your city.

Originally Posted by jch82
I tend to stay away from those cheap deals on ebay as I tend to be nervous about the quality issues. I found a used hugger that was sanded/primed and the undertail was red and unopened. Both turned out to be quality pieces and the install turned out real nice.

Thanks for the input!
Josh
Thats good, I saw a couple people buy those RR ones because they are labeled for the F4i. Pics are always nice when customizing.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 AM

I just have to wire up the new turn signals included with the undertail. I did have them wired into the taillight because it has integrated turn signals. Don't feel really comfortable with only half a brake light when I'm stopped and have my signal on though...