F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Valor tail light wiring

Old 06-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Default Valor tail light wiring

Just got a Valor tail light with integrated turn signals in the mail. I pulled the tail off and started disconnecting the rear tail light when I noticed I'm completely lost in the sauce. The Valor looks like it's designed for plug and play easy installation but my 2001 F4i doesn't look anything like this light. I'm wondering if anyone has had the same problem and what I should be cutting and splicing?

Old 06-23-2011, 04:28 PM

Some pictures would be nice. Essentially, the rear taillight (each bulb) has two 12v wires (one for brake and one for running light) and a ground wire. The turn signals have two (one 12v and one ground).

On your new integrated light, connect the necessary wires to the appropriate places.

12v running light R
12v running light L
12v brake light R
12v brake light L
Ground R
Ground L
12v turn signal R
Ground turn signal R
12v turn signal L
Ground turn signal L

You might also want to look into installing an aftermarket turn signal relay. Personally, I hate the rapid blinking of the turn signals.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:32 AM
TOA

I just bought mine and ended up adding separate turn signals because I found out they needed to be 9"s apart to be legal in Oregon Lol. The long yellow and blue wires are your turn signals. The 3 shorter wires are Black(Ground) and the Yellow and Red are Marker and stop I cant remember which color goes to which but as long as you know to hook your solid green to the black its your common ground for all the lights and you will just need to do some testing after that. If the brake light doesn't work when you hook it up swith the yellow and red wires because you're brake light will be working as a marker. I hope this helps.