F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

upgrading!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrading!

i was up at the local dealership today with my dad buying a bike for him when i saw the new 2006 honda 1000RR in black, and i was blown away by how sick it looked. so im prolly gonna sell my bike and go pick it up. Anyone here ridden the new 1000's? i just kinda wanna hear some peoples opinions about the bike before i dive into it. but im pretty sure its gonna happen

Old 08-21-2006, 01:02 AM
Default RE: upgrading!

Are you getting it for looks?

How many years have you been riding, and how long have you been on a 600? Can you actually ride your 600? Have you ever ridden a 1000rr. Have you ever taken any kind of professional instruction on street or track riding.

Need to know a little more about you. Put the wrong rider on a 1000rr and that bike will be salvage before it's first oil change. Seen it too many times.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:29 AM

ive been riding for alittle over 2 years, dont do stunts, well burnouts occasionally but thats a must lol, me and my buddies are curve road junkies, im not saying im the best in the corners but i have good throttle control.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:17 AM

i agree with blackdog.. and if you have only been riding for 2 years i would get a few more years of experiece before you get basically a super bike.. i have been riding and racing motorcycles sence i was 4 years old and I dont have a liter bike! if i were you i would stick to your 600 and get good on that! and there are 2 basic catagorys of people who ride liter bikes.. the people that have been riding for a gazzilion years and ride a liter bike because they got bored on a 600. and the people that have a liter bike just to have the fastest bike in the crowd and these are usually the people who havnt been riding for long so they end up in the hospital! like blackdog said..

Old 08-21-2006, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: brancart1

me and my buddies are curve road junkies.
Stay with the F4i. You WILL be slower on the 1000rr. I **** you not! You cannot use what the 1000rr has to offer on backroads. Even if you had the skill to do so it would be suicidal. If you "upgraded" to a 600rr I could maybe understand, but in reality you are throwing money away. Take what cash you would have spent on the "upgrade" and put an aftermarket suspension on tuned for your weight, and some rearsets and you will have a corner animal that can hunt down and destroy liter bikes.

Ya, you won't have the "coolest" new bike on the block, but whats cooler? Being able to use what you have to the fullest, or being able to pose on the latest?

There was a good aticle in "Road RacerX" authored by a racer who was "upgrading" from a 600 to a 1000. He has been racing his whole life, and for quite some time he was still turning slower lap times on the 1000 than he did on the 600. This was on a track where you can push a bike to its limits and yours.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with you again - the F4/F4i are the most streetable bikes I've ever ridden... handling crappy road surfaces and putting the power down with little effort. Turn around and track them the day after a long tour.

Find a demo day and see if you really like it... I've met some sad sad people who've traded their f4/f4i for the newest bike and completely lost the joy of riding. The newer bikes are faster - but they're no where near as streetable.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these guys have some points and i know i've posted to you before about my concerns with a liter bike and especially the newer ones...but know what? just be responsible and i know that your riding doesn't really involve track or hardcore canyon dancing and what not...and i also gather that you're a pretty big dude...and i also KNOW that it's a PIMPARSE bike...and if you will love it and be good to it and be careful then GO FOR IT MANG! but if you were some crazy bish rider doing wheelies and sound breaking speeds, etc...then i'd say DON'T DO IT!

then if you're poor and have no money then i'd say DON'T DO IT...

if you have really bad vision i'd say DON'T DO IT...

and it goes on and on! ENJOY IT MANG!

Old 08-21-2006, 10:42 PM

1000's make for crappy road/twisties bikes. too much crankshaft inertia, torque, and insurance. cheers

Old 08-21-2006, 11:05 PM

i think if I were getting a liter bike i would get the r1, but I feel a good bike to get if you can get past the suzuki name is the new 750, that bike is all the bike anyone will ever need on the street, and it dosent look to bad. i just keep thinking it's a suzuki and thats hard for me.how about the new 675 that one is kicking but to. but i know what you are saying it's not a Honda, and believe me i know what you mean. Fit/ finish/ name/quality/ reputation, and so on.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:12 PM

nintyfivehp you are so right. the most fun i have in the corners are the 5/10 mph corners and on a 1000cc bike it's just to much for those, too easy to get away from you, but many times i wish i had just a little more than what i have. if i get on a liter bike i try my best to figure out what gear i should be in and that takes up all the time i have on it. kind of irritating.

Quick Reply: upgrading!