F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Unique undertail

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unique undertail

I have never seen this undertail on an F4i. Has anyone ever installed this thing...it looks nice, but ti seems more difficult than most.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Under...ht_1265wt_1658

Old 05-19-2009, 11:10 PM

looks kind of cool but not very fond of the price!

Old 05-19-2009, 11:12 PM

That undertail is alot more safe than a hotbodies for sure! Hotbodies is all sleeked out but the lights are sometimes impossible to see during the day, go for it!

Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 PM

Installation Guide

Honda CBR600F4i 2004 - 2005

Mototeck Undertail

Please read these instructions from beginning to end before you start the installation. Should you have any questions, please contact SportbikeEffects immediately. If you do not feel comfortable doing this job yourself, it is suggested that you have an experienced Motorcycle Technician perform the installation.

1. Place the bike on a stand, preferably a swing arm stand.

2. Remove the front seat.

3. Remove the solo seat section or rear seat.

4. Remove the lock rivets and Allen bolts under the tail.

5. Disconnect the tail light wire and carefully remove the tail section.

6. Cut the stock signal wires as close as possible to where the signal connects to the turn signal wire.

7. FENDER TRIMMING: IMPORTANT NOTE: The following procedure involves some cutting of plastic. Use Safety Glasses for all cutting and/or grinding procedures! The stock fender is used to retain the trunk area. You also keep the holder clips for the support bar. The stock fender must be trimmed enough to install the Undertail section. For cutting, I recommend a Dremel Tool with a plastic cutting tip. I have used them with very good results, but you can also use a Hack Saw blade or something similar. You basically have to cut the fender at least as high as the finished edge and also leave room for the signals. It's not critical to cut perfectly since the new Undertail covers all of the cut edges. Keep the two stock bolt connections on each side for more support.

8. Reinstall the tail section on the bike, but do not install any of the bolts.

9. Slide the Undertail up into the tail section and position the rear holes to be drilled. After drilling the holes, install the four plastic fasteners. You may have to remove the Slip-on to drill the holes on the right side.

10. Install the Allen bolts that hold down the tail section.

11. Connect the brake and signal wires. You must use the LED tail light bulbs that came with your Undertail. If the LED signal lights do not illuminate, you most likely will have to reverse your wire connections on the effected lights. Check the signal, tail and brake light operation.

12. It suggested that you install a heavy duty Turn signal relay. In most cases, after installing LED's, the signals will flash at a very rapid rate. This relay installed in place of the stock unit will return the Turn signal flashing rate back to normal. We have these units in stock. Our Part Number is 3100610 and is available by clicking here.

13. Install the rear seat lock device and license plate support by marking and drilling three holes for the fasteners supplied. You can also use nuts and bolts if you prefer.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:26 PM

The asking price should include an install, haha.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 PM

Way too much going on in that undertail for my liking. I prefer the clean look.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:43 PM

The best way to go visibility-wise is the pimpbikes with integrated lights IMO.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH. I like it. But I don't know that I'd rock it. Not a fan of the multiple set up. Maybe if it was just one? But I'm doing with the hotbodies one. Hell, I'm riding a motorcycle, and can barely be seen by drivers anyway, why let them know I'm just going to slice in front of them and make them mad? lol. jk. But I think it'll be bright enough.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 AM

I think the pimpbike.com basic undertail is what I will end up getting. I really like the stock taillight...and If I get bored with it I can always get the smoke LED taillight off eBay.

Its just that I can see the whole "two round LED" style taillights turning into the altezzas (for cars) of yesteryear. Everyone has them until one day it becomes mundane and everyone puts their stockers back on.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:29 AM

good point uniqsol...i'm eventually going pimpbike--i've got an 01 and unfortunately that undertail doesn't have the blinkers integrated in the undertail so i'm going to have to get and integrated stock light with directionals...have you shopped around for a taillight?

Quick Reply: Unique undertail