F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Undertray / eliminator - pics / suggestions required

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with a pimbikes undertail and I really like it. You can use your factory taillight with it as well or you can go with an aftermarket one like I did with integrated signals.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:22 PM

Really liking the look of this one I've found on E-bay , love the twin round tail lamp layout.

Has anybody used this particular brand before? Wondering what quality is like....

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Old 09-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doog
Really liking the look of this one I've found on E-bay , love the twin round tail lamp layout.

Has anybody used this particular brand before? Wondering what quality is like....
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
Went to the manufacter's website and it looks good in the pics. If you go with this one, let us know what you think. I'm very interested in how bright their "super bright" LED brake and turn signal lights really are. CBR600 F4i (01-03) - Bestem USA

Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 PM

I went with the pimpbike undertail....I think it really cleans up the rear. I still need to paint it though, but really happy with it.

Attached Thumbnails Undertray / eliminator -  pics / suggestions required-undertail.jpg  
Old 09-23-2011, 01:47 AM

Excellent input once again guys , thank you very much. (love this forum).

Old 09-23-2011, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by causeman8
I went with a pimbikes undertail and I really like it. You can use your factory taillight with it as well or you can go with an aftermarket one like I did with integrated signals.
Originally Posted by sjsharks33
I went with the pimpbike undertail....I think it really cleans up the rear. I still need to paint it though, but really happy with it.
Hey guys, my bike looks like it has that same undertail (might be a replica)...how does your lock mount from the inside? Does it spin around at all, because my lock is not secure and moves around when I try to turn the key

Old 09-23-2011, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by 96shox
Hey guys, my bike looks like it has that same undertail (might be a replica)...how does your lock mount from the inside? Does it spin around at all, because my lock is not secure and moves around when I try to turn the key
to be honest my lock moves too! I bought my undertail used on ebay so it didnt come with instructions. I did the best of what I could do. You're suppose to reuse a metal clip that you take off from your stock fender that holds the lock in place. I find that even after you put the clip on with the new undertail it still moves. I just used some duct tape for now to keep the metal clip from spinning inside when I turn the key to open it. I think once i paint mine, I'm going to use some heavy duty glue to keep the metal clip in place.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:00 PM

to be honest my lock moves too! I bought my undertail used on ebay so it didnt come with instructions. I did the best of what I could do. You're suppose to reuse a metal clip that you take off from your stock fender that holds the lock in place. I find that even after you put the clip on with the new undertail it still moves. I just used some duct tape for now to keep the metal clip from spinning inside when I turn the key to open it. I think once i paint mine, I'm going to use some heavy duty glue to keep the metal clip in place.
Slightly off topic question: With the key mechanism on the bottom of the tray and exposed to the crud thrown up by the tire (no rear fender), any problems with stuff getting into the lock mechanism and damaging it?

Old 09-24-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Incompatible
Slightly off topic question: With the key mechanism on the bottom of the tray and exposed to the crud thrown up by the tire (no rear fender), any problems with stuff getting into the lock mechanism and damaging it?
I dont see that really being a problem. You do get crud under there, but I constantly clean my bike. You would have to do some serious riding to get a lot of crud up there, and the chances stuff hitting your key hole would be slim. I'm thinking of getting a rear hugger to see if that helps direct the crud from flying up to my undertail.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:36 PM

I dont see that really being a problem. You do get crud under there, but I constantly clean my bike. You would have to do some serious riding to get a lot of crud up there, and the chances stuff hitting your key hole would be slim. I'm thinking of getting a rear hugger to see if that helps direct the crud from flying up to my undertail.
Let us know if it makes a difference. Thanks

Quick Reply: Undertray / eliminator - pics / suggestions required