F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Undertray / eliminator - pics / suggestions required

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undertray / eliminator - pics / suggestions required

As title really , I'm after peoples recommendations on best looking / best quality fitting rear undertray sets.

Who has what on their bike and let's see what it looks like.

Which are plastic and which are fibreglass , which looks nicest , which comes with better lamps etc...

All opinions greatly appreciated as I need to start making my mind up which way to go... the stock rear end is ruining the look of my bike. lol

Many thanks in advance , Doog.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You got split-seat or banana seat?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:42 AM

Sorry yeah , it's a split seat.

(in UK , F's are banana and F-sport's are split , I forgot to mention that).

Old 09-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a fan of undertails. Just because I hate hate the fender look. However, cops in the states will not hesitate to pull you over if they "can't read your plate". I just shaved of about 6 inches from my fender, and just moved the stock plate bracket up. Looks better and is still totally legal.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Doog, I have a split-seat tail. I installed the CompetitionWerkes Fender Eliminator. Looks just like the one in this pic... 2001, 2002, 2003 Honda F4i Standard Fender Eliminator . Its a high quality product made w/ stainless steel. It installs exactly as it should & really dresses up the tail of the bike. You retain the factory inner-fender/battery tray but cut it back to install the FE. I've written about my CWFE here on the forum b/f & included pics.

The kit allows reuse of the factory tail light, which mounts to the inside of the FE & illuminates the license plate thru a louver in front of the plate...or, you can mount an aftermkt plate light, your choice.

The license plate & rear signal brackets remove easily for trackdays.

Unlike some undertails/FE's the CWFE imho provides a structural aspect to the tail due to its rigid/solid construction.

The CWFE is easy to duplicate if you want to attack a homemade project. I made my own version for my banana seat tail b/f converting to split-seat. However, when I installed the split-seat, I was pressed for time & just purchased the CWFE.

My ultimate point is... You can go wrong w/ the CWFE. ;-)

Hope whatever choice you make suits your needs. Good luck.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:20 AM

That's mine. I've only seen one other person on here with it and I really like it. I honestly don't even know the name or brand of it.

It's fiberglass and fully integrated and I have a side bracket so my license plate is underneath my exhaust off my axle nut.

I love it like that, but I've been told it's illegal but I've never been pulled over for it.

Attached Thumbnails Undertray / eliminator -  pics / suggestions required-hpim1701.jpg  
Old 09-07-2011, 11:50 AM

Some fantastic info there so far , thanks guys!

Does anyone have any experience of powerbronze eliminators to share? As I've been offered one and wondered what they are like.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cheapa$$ would suggest: Spend $10 at HomeDepot and make your own undertail with some $5 LED strip style turn signals on ebay, and if you're still not happy you can always upgrade to the pricey fiberglass/plastic undertails later.

There are many writeups on the cheapy fender eliminators including the one on my sig. Note: i have since tossed
the fugly stalk style signals and got some 6 inch LED flex strips, similar to these but not as long.. They are super bright, no current pictures though.

Anything is better than the stock undertail.

Last edited by Sick97SS; 09-07-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:11 PM

Really concise write up on that custom eliminator , many thanks.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:10 PM

I have the Hotbodies undertail on mine that came with the bike.
It is built really well with no problems and is very flush and smooth, the only reason I wouldn't have chose that one myself is because of the tail lights, they're not bad but I just hate the way they look with the two round lights personally.
I think the banana seat lights look good though.

Quick Reply: Undertray / eliminator - pics / suggestions required