F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

uh oh oil light.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 03:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uh oh oil light.

so i was less then two blocks away from my house, going 15-20mph on a sidestreet when a guy drove a powered lawnmower out from between two trucks less then 10 feet in front of me.

i locked up the front tire like a noob while swerving and went down on the left side of the bike.
luckily my frame sliders saved the bike from much damage. the crank case got scratched a little.

i think the battery got fkd up because i had to push start the bike to get it back on and now my oil light is blinking and there is decent valve tap i hear.

i checked and ive got plenty of oil. does neone have a clue why my oil light is blinking? i let it run for maybe 2 minutes at idle waitin for it to go away, but it doesnt.

what should i do to fix this thing? id rather not shell out the money to get it towed to a shop or honda and have them fix it.
thx for ur help.

-Grant

Old 07-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: uh oh oil light.

If you're getting a lot of valve chatter then I'd think you went down hard enough to either bind up or knock loose one of the oil journals feeding the valves. I wouldn't crank in again until I had the valve cover off and checked it thoroughly.

Old 07-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what am i lookin for?

i can get at the motor and remove the valve cover pretty easy, but what am i looking to unblock?
it really didnt get dropped very hard, but ill check it. thx for ur help.

Old 07-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When ya get the valve cover off you'll see the tubes that come up and supply oil to the valve train. Just make sure everything is tight and nothing is broken off. Could be as simple as the oil pressure sensor wires are loose. But you said the valves were tapping pretty good so I'd check just for peace of mind.