F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

turbocharging f4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: turbocharging f4i

if you want to be different, supercharge the bitch, turbos are for ****** anyway

Old 06-03-2007, 04:16 PM

Make it 2-wheel drive, I'd give props to see that.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: GMW33

if you want to be different, supercharge the bitch, turbos are for ****** anyway
Ya, they make some great supercharger kits for the F4 and F4i, they come with a slightly longer accessory belt that makes installation a snap! You do have to relocate your air conditioner motor for it though, but it's pretty easy once you have the condensor core and power steering pump out of the way.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: therabbit

ORIGINAL: GMW33

Ya, they make some great supercharger kits for the F4 and F4i, they come with a slightly longer accessory belt that makes installation a snap! You do have to relocate your air conditioner motor for it though, but it's pretty easy once you have the condensor core and power steering pump out of the way.

lol...[:-].. let him figure that one out

Old 06-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Old 06-03-2007, 04:33 PM

Go for the trifecta..... put on a turbo preferably a Garrett T3/T4, a Jackson Racing supercharger, and then a NOS system probably a 175 shot would be o.k.

The supercharger will give great off the line response and help spool the turbo, then the turbo will kick in, and finally when you're at W.O.T. press that red button on your steering wheel...oops, I meant handlebar, and feel that RUSH of power as everything outside you and your bike get blurry from time slowing down.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:41 PM

OR, twin turbo it with one small turbo to help spool a larger turbo so there isnt so much lag [&:]

Old 06-03-2007, 06:20 PM

so far one of the funniest posts ive come across

Old 06-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: F4iT
if the nos runs out in the middle of you hittin the button it will still shoot the gas and the ing timing will still be redarded cuz the bike still thinks you still got nos in the tank
when you run outta nos you are going to bog down because of the retarded timing .

and as far as adding a turbo on your f4i, do you have any background with forced induction on automobiles??

if not maybe you need to goto barnes and nobles read some books , read some more online , goto different forums (check out some of thebusas that are turbo charged) then come up with a game plan. you'll need to plan for exhaust manifold, what size turbo you want (which you'll also need to figure out where you are going to be racing, if you want top end low end etc) down pipe, oil line , return line, vaccum line, wastegate (unless you are planning on running a turbo that utilizes an internal wastegate) , not to mention you will need a fuel management system (stand alone, piggy back, fmu, fuel controller)

the info is out there you just have to find it. there are plenty of bikes out there that are turbo charged , so look @ what they have done and see how it can apply to you. go down to your local motorcycle performance shop and talk with them about a turbo system.

good luck.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:29 PM

^
you forgot to mention the blow-off valve.

He really wants the BOV sound, it makes the asian girls leave snail trails.