F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Tire help

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 12:38 AM
July 2010 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by axsys
Everyone recommended the pilot powers, so.....
its never good enough...

Old 05-14-2010, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by vangill
its never good enough...
Actually, the answer I m looking for is whether or not a set of Dunlop Q2's at $199 (which is basically $100 off) is the better bang for the buck? Or, Id like to know if the Q2's are not worth it regardless of sale price. Trust me, I get the Michelin bandwagon by now. But despite the Q2's great reviews, if the consensus is that even with a pair going for $199, that the regular pilot powers (not ct2, not power one, not pure, not road) are the better tires/deal, then thats what I want to know! Just seems that the Q2 has gotten great reviews and is normally priced much higher so I dont want to miss the opportunity on a great sale should they be great tires

Old 05-14-2010, 11:10 AM
July 2010 ROTM

i have heard good reviews on a ton of tires, seems like almost all of them except the shinkos. i have a buddy who will only ride bridgestone bt020 and another who will only do the pirelli diablo corsa and another who has the stock dunlops on his r6 and he likes them. i will only run pilot powers. i think that it kinda comes down a bit to preference. there are many quality tires that will stick very well

Old 05-14-2010, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by vangill
i have heard good reviews on a ton of tires, seems like almost all of them except the shinkos. i have a buddy who will only ride bridgestone bt020 and another who will only do the pirelli diablo corsa and another who has the stock dunlops on his r6 and he likes them. i will only run pilot powers. i think that it kinda comes down a bit to preference. there are many quality tires that will stick very well
Thanks Vangill-It sounds like I should go with the best bang for the buck as they all perform somewhat similarly on the street. To tell you the truth it seems everyone I talk to likes and runs the regular ole pilot power. Ideally I would like to get the powers but seeing that a pair of dual compound tire (dunlop Q2's) is going for a cheaper price than the power, it seems foolish not to ****** those. Oh well I will take a look at both of them today and go with how I feel at that time.

Random question: I'm new to motorcycles, Is there any online guide with pictures or anything that details how to take off the front and rear wheel as well as put them back on? Thanks

Old 05-14-2010, 11:34 AM

I just put Full Bore tires on my bike to replace my Pilot Powers... So far these are the best tires I have ever been on. Got them from http://www.tyres4less.biz/bore.htm

They are sticky lil guys

Old 05-14-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Random question: I'm new to motorcycles, Is there any online guide with pictures or anything that details how to take off the front and rear wheel as well as put them back on? Thanks
I'll e-mail you some pictures from my service manual.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:10 PM
July 2008 ROTM

You're a noob. Get Pilot Road 2CTs and enjoy.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
You're a noob. Get Pilot Road 2CTs and enjoy.
Its noober to you

Thanks everyone. Ended up with regular ole pilot powersIt came out to be $199 for both the front and rear, the same sales price as the dunlop Q2's. Damn these powers are soft

Today was an expensive day. I needed a new front rim due to buying the bike knowing the front rim would need to be replaced. I found a seller on craigslist selling a pair of mint stock F4i rims for $200. So I got brand new rims and tires for $400 not counting mounting and tax. ouch! All for my baby.

Any suggestions on what psi to run these pilot powers at in the 100 degree arizona dry heat and even hotter pavement temp? Install starts tomorrow at 1pm Il post pics of the new tread!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:43 PM

i run 34/36 for town riding and 36/39 for highway

Old 05-14-2010, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by axsys
i run 34/36 for town riding and 36/39 for highway
Thanks C. Il let you know how everything goes. Already have a buyer for the old rims and tires! Hope it works out so I can get a fraction of my money back

Quick Reply: Tire help