F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Tip over sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tip over sensor

Any one know how to bypass the tipover sensor on a 01 CBR600F4I? What wires do I cross?

Old 03-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tip over sensor

Are you just crossing them at the plug? If so, it is the outer most wires. I just did this last week. It worked just fine.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:33 AM

Clean air mod and removal of the tip over sensor as I still love that wheelie sensation!!! The clean air mod will give you better low end for two reasons ... this is why racers love it.....

1- you don't get any of the hot oily air from the crank case in your airbox---Take an automotive spray gun, The air blowing by the small jet pulls paint from the canister and doesn't blow pressure into the can...... Same thing here, the exhaust blows by and pulls the hot air / oil from the crancase with it...
2- by hooking the crankcase vent tube up to the clean air valve it creates a vaccum in the crank case and that is good for a few extra horse power and a couple foot pounds of torque...a user on one of the other forums I am on advised..."it makes the bike better all around and alot of people agree ,i have even seen dyno test that show increased torque and horse power" The stunters love it because it prevents a hydrolock situation from the bike being on its side and oil being dumped into the airbox from the breather tube....it has been argued over and over and proven, this is a great mod with no bad side effects whatsoever.... This is what it looks like stock....the directions are a bit confusing, throw 3 away, and hook 1 2 and 4 to the new t.... Name:  DSCN1614-1.jpg
Views: 6340
Size:  124.8 KB The pair valve removed.... 1/2" Tee...it was very tight, had to vaseline the hoses to get them on, but better than too loose.... Here is a pic of the t with the hoses..... How I sealed the airbox off, I have seen many methods, but looking around the garage I realized that some old tire valve cover caps fit perfectly and are hard enough to hold, through them in with a little epoxy and they were solid and fit perfect, looks factory... Also here is the tipover sensor mod as well.... just cut that damn thing out and never worry about it again.... With windscreen off... Remove the 2 screws holding the box in and disconnect the box... Here it is removed and unclipped.... Cut off the connector and make sure there is enough room to reconnect if you want to reinstall in the feature, tie red and green together and cap white off....and clip back in....

Old 03-19-2008, 09:41 AM

Wow, that is really awesome! I think I am gonna do that tonight. Seems easy! Thanks for the good instruction!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 11:09 AM

If you need any help or have any questions let me know, ez mod....

Old 03-19-2008, 11:48 AM

Sorry, I am a noob, but what is the purpose of the tipover sensor mod?

Old 03-19-2008, 11:50 AM

To prevent your bike from cutting out if your good/crazy enough to get your bike to wheelie at balance point

Old 03-19-2008, 01:33 PM

I sorta wanted my bike to turn itself off if I dropped it, so when I put on my sharkskinz I just removed the sensor from its mount above the headlights and ziptied it to the fairing stay. No cut wires, works great, totally restorable to stock condition. I rotated it 180deg in the vertical plane, so the "front" faces backward now. I dont usemy biketo stunt. Does the tip sensor actually trigger when you are on one wheel? I thought it worked only when the bike was laying on its side.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:18 PM

Well, I actually did mine without cutting anything. I undid the plug and made a very small bridge wire with a spade connector on each end. They are REALLY small spade connectors so I had to thin them out with a dremal but they work great. This way, if I ever want to put it back I can. As for when the thing works, it is really any time the top surface is at vertical, or close, say like in a very tall wheelie. But if you take it off, you save about 3 ounces!! Hahahahaha

-Josh

Old 03-20-2008, 07:32 AM

^ that's exactlly what I did

Quick Reply: Tip over sensor