F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Throttle position sensor

Old 02-26-2018, 02:38 PM
Default Throttle position sensor

Can anybody verify the wire order on the throttle position sensor for me. Mine is a 2001 donít know if the wiring changed over the years

thanks
E.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

From the wiring diagram

Attached Thumbnails Throttle position sensor-tps.jpg  
Old 02-27-2018, 04:20 AM

i have the wiring diagram as well but they donít always tell you what position the pins are in just that the pins are doing a certain thing in the circuit. I did try this first before Posting original call for help and if I am wrong and the diagram is supposed to show correct orientation then multiple connectors on my bike are pinned wrong. Thatís why I was hoping someone could actually look at there tp sensor.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:56 AM

Happened to find a couple in focus pictures on eBay of the fuel rail harness looks like it is correct on my bike. Was just trying to figure out my electrical issue and this plug had been messed with by previous owner.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

This might help
TPS TESTING ON THE 3 WIRES
Back Probe the 3 wires from the tps with a voltmeter. It will have an input voltage
wire, output voltage, and a ground. You need to probe the output voltage wire,
which should be around .4v with the throttle closed, and at wot be someplace
around 5v. While your probing, slowly open the throttle and make sure the volts
slowly but gradually reaches around 5v. Watch for dead spots, if it has them,
it's bad. Best to use an Analogue Meter so the needle moves smoothly
Ground wire - Green/Orange
Input Voltage wire - Yellow/Red
Output voltage wire - Red/Yellow
TR3J -TR4J Honda Accord CRV CRX 2001-2
This TPS looks like it could fit the bike, but never had the chance to try it

Old 02-27-2018, 05:54 AM

Thanks man Iíll check when I get home.
im trying to make sure thereís nothing wrong electrically anywhere else in the bike for the fuel cut off relay not to be getting ground from the ecu.
Ive already checked all the usual things. Bank angle, cutoff switch, diode, fuses, relay its self. Sprayed starting fluid in intake and bike runs so I am getting spark. The relay is good Iíve swapped it still nothing. The engine cut off relay is working every time but the fuel relay is not. You can ground the fuel relay by jumping the brown wire to the bike and relay and pump kick on. Brown wire checks good all the way to the ecu.

million dollar question.....

what would cause the ecu to not give the fuel relay ground but still engage the cut off relay and spark plugs.

Last edited by E.419; 02-27-2018 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by E.419 View Post
Thanks man Iíll check when I get home.
im trying to make sure thereís nothing wrong electrically anywhere else in the bike for the fuel cut off relay not to be getting ground from the ecu.
Ive already checked all the usual things. Bank angle, cutoff switch, diode, fuses, relay its self. Sprayed starting fluid in intake and bike runs so I am getting spark. The relay is good Iíve swapped it still nothing. The engine cut off relay is working every time but the fuel relay is not. You can ground the fuel relay by jumping the brown wire to the bike and relay and pump kick on. Brown wire checks good all the way to the ecu.

million dollar question.....

what would cause the ecu to not give the fuel relay ground but still engage the cut off relay and spark plugs.
Have a look at the connections on the fuel tank , seems the Green wire is always the main culprit, maybe do the fuel pump test page 5-53, and check out plastic connections for burns