F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

For those who've asked...GSXR MC on F4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: For those who've asked...GSXR MC on F4i

That'sa consideration, but a little splicing will take care of that.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btw, with the fireblade m/c (with stock too i assume) i can't get my bike to stoppie , it just blocks the front wheel on some point, i'm thinking if i'm so newbish at using my brakes or is it something with my rubber/braking feel..just wanted to share..

Old 06-07-2008, 12:41 AM

929's stoppie well. It's probably you, but I'd recommend you head to the stunters corner.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:35 AM

Wanted to dig the thread back to life.
Tahoe, Can the F4i brake light switch wires be directly connected to the GSXR MC or is there any mods required for that? Also, Will the banjo bolt from the F4i MC thread into the GSXR MC so I can use my SS lines and all same hardware still?

Old 11-19-2008, 11:11 AM

I'm curious, in the photos you have the ram air duct covers off... are there any clearance issues there with the GSXR hardware? Also, the reservoir. Does it rub against the uppper fairing when turning lock to lock?

cheers

the blonde weasel

Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 PM

Nice levers shame about your MC [sm=violin.gif]

Old 11-19-2008, 04:34 PM

Okay, I put a GSXR 600 MC on my F4i. I had already gotten the SS lines from Galfer so it was a bit of a chore (The banjo bolt on the F4i comes out on its side like this -) The banjo bolt on the GSXR comes out pointing down. What I had to do is take my lines to a bike shop that makes their own lines and have them swap out the ends for 90 degree angle ends. Also, the length of the lines and the routing changes with the MC upgrade so if you do not shorten the lines when you get the 90's put on, you may have a lot of slack. I had a terrible feeling in my brakes, i replaced the rotors and it did not seem to help. I ended up putting the GSXR MC on and it felt better.

One problem I had was the switch for the brake light. I screwed right into the bottom of the lever, but the person I bought it from shaved the tang off that actuates the switch, so my front brake doesnt activate my brake light. I have to get a stock lever and swap them out and then Im pretty sure the F4i switch will work on the GSXR MC

To mount my reservior i bent the bracket that it came with (Aluminum) flipped it around and bolted it to the right side upper fork clamp. it worked out pretty nicely. It also gave me a place to put my "Office Space" "Work Sucks" wristband that my friend got me for a gift years ago.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:37 AM

ORIGINAL: MC_spirited

Okay, I put a GSXR 600 MC on my F4i. I had already gotten the SS lines from Galfer so it was a bit of a chore (The banjo bolt on the F4i comes out on its side like this -) The banjo bolt on the GSXR comes out pointing down. What I had to do is take my lines to a bike shop that makes their own lines and have them swap out the ends for 90 degree angle ends. Also, the length of the lines and the routing changes with the MC upgrade so if you do not shorten the lines when you get the 90's put on, you may have a lot of slack. I had a terrible feeling in my brakes, i replaced the rotors and it did not seem to help. I ended up putting the GSXR MC on and it felt better.

One problem I had was the switch for the brake light. I screwed right into the bottom of the lever, but the person I bought it from shaved the tang off that actuates the switch, so my front brake doesnt activate my brake light. I have to get a stock lever and swap them out and then Im pretty sure the F4i switch will work on the GSXR MC

To mount my reservior i bent the bracket that it came with (Aluminum) flipped it around and bolted it to the right side upper fork clamp. it worked out pretty nicely. It also gave me a place to put my "Office Space" "Work Sucks" wristband that my friend got me for a gift years ago.
Thanks for your input. I dont want to mess with having my lines altered so I guess I'll keep looking around or just buy a rebuild kit for my stock MC

Old 11-20-2008, 09:57 AM

Go with a 929/954 MC. Straight bolt up and no meddling with the switch.