F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

For those with hids

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those with hids

Im not going to ask how to install them like a lot of people do. I want to know what k you have and how you like the light output/color of the light. I know the higher the k the bluer it gets but you also loose light output. I am thinking about at an 8k kit thats a purplish color just wondering if it takes getting used to such a blue/purple light. ( or yellow and white)

Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Default RE: For those with hids

If you want them so you can see better get 6k and lower..If you want just looks get anything higher..THe higher the number the less light it puts out..

Mine are 6k and have a faint blue to them.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:00 AM

I bought an 8k to put on my car and decided to drop it in my baby. Its real blue, and the light output is ok. If I wanted more light I would go with 6k or below. But I know for sure that the cars will see you. The lighting will take some time to get used to but over all I am happy with the outcome.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: white99gt

If you want them so you can see better get 6k and lower..If you want just looks get anything higher..THe higher the number the less light it puts out..

Mine are 6k and have a faint blue to them.
+1 I agree! 6000K is a nice balance of a slight blue tint but still real good light output. 4300K has the highest amount of light output, and is what comes stock on any OEM automotive HID setup, but has a pure white light. It does have a slight blue tint from a distance though, just doesn't stand out as much as the 6000K. The 4300K puts out about 3200 lumens, and the 6000K puts out about 2800 lumens. Anything over that and it keeps going down. I've had both the 6000K (previous) and 4300K (current) and both work great. I think I liked the color on the 6000K a little more, but I need every bit of light output I can get for my blind ***, lol. When I turn the high beams on I can see EVERYTHING! lol

A word from the wise... don't buy the cheap ****!! With HID's, you DO get what you pay for. Trust me

Old 01-31-2008, 04:41 AM
Banned

6k, faint blue on my bike. My S2000/acura TL have lower temps and whiter light. 8k is probably a high as you want to go, my next bulb will be around 4k if that is what is in my S2000. I did put asilverstar as the high beam and it works fine.

Get some LEDs if you want some color, your headlight is kinda important on your bike, I wouldn't compromise visibility and effective light just to have apurple tint.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:49 AM

I got a 6000K McCulloch Motorcycle HID kit. Put them in a little over a year ago and still running perfectly fine.

***Important!!!***
If you put HID's on both high and low beam, make sure you aim both lights to the ground. Using a high beam at stock aim with HID's will blind people big time. Point it at the ground, and it'll light up the ground BIG TIME since it's a focused beam. The low beam however will blind people no matter what, even if aimed down as much as possible. The reflector lens inside the low beam aren't designed for HID's and the light shines all over the place like crazy. There is no obvious cutoff line. It blinds people, but not too bad.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:07 AM

That looks good, i have 4300K in my 07' Santa Fe, love it! if and when i get HID's for my bike, ill prob go w 6K though

Old 01-31-2008, 09:57 AM

Is there anyway to re-wire or something to have both headlights on at the same time but now your brights. Prolly a stupid question but I really dont like how people always tell me I have a light out when it is just my brights arent on.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: F4itanner

Is there anyway to re-wire or something to have both headlights on at the same time but now your brights. Prolly a stupid question but I really dont like how people always tell me I have a light out when it is just my brights arent on.
yep, you can install the h4 bi-xenon into both lights

Old 01-31-2008, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: F4itanner

If you don't care about your high beam, you can just adjust your aim of the high beam down lower to the ground. That way, you can run both low/high beam without blinding anyone.

Quick Reply: For those with hids