F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Thinking of Financing a Brand New F4i

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 03:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of Financing a Brand New F4i

Well it looks like all the advice in the world won't change your mind. You have the best source of information with this forum and you can learn alot from it. But if you want a brand new bike, then get it. And when you lay it down, all I have to say is "I told you so" and so will everyone else on this forum. Not to mention your insurance will go through the roof. Good luck and I hope the best for you.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:46 PM

I just bought my brand new F4i a few days ago. I am a new rider too. Be careful with the minimim payment on the card becuase, yes, you are not payimg off the balance of the bike at all. I am trying to install frame sliders too but I'll have to ask the dealer to do it coz you have to drill holes on the fairings to have them properly installed and due to my very limited knowledge, I don't think I am confident doing it myself. Try shop around for different kinds of loans. Try search for it online. I got my loan that way. Do your research before going to the dealer.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 AM

I dont recommend buying a new bike for a first bike as soon as it leaves the dealer floor it drops in price dramaticly you can find some real nice bikes for 4 or 5 grand. And financing you loose alot i am eighteen riding mx since i wuz 2 and rockets since i wuz 15 it took me one month to pay 4700 for mine cash while paying for rent insurence food etc but i would think bout buying a new bike. sorry i didnt mean to sound like an @$$ hole but i wuz raised never to take out loans and work your way upon exp. bikes

Old 03-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 that it sounds like your minds already made up but ...

buying new (and 600cc) for you first bike you loose either way ...

> if you get lucky and are in the rare company of those that didn't drop the thing (or WORSE!!), you still paid more for a "learner bike" than used ... which can be found in excellent shape much cheaper than new with some careful research

> if you get an incredible deal AND are also "careful" .. you still lose on great learning experience opportunities because you'll be so afraid of costly mistakes that you won't learn as properly as you would otherwise (as well as other factors that can be found debated over and over on other threads)

imo though, as others stated, i wouldn't focus on cost so much at this point .. get a beater or new under 500cc, save some money, learn properly, have a ton of fun, then pose this same question later down the line

good luck

Old 03-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never mind. I noticed you posted a thread that you bought the f4i you had your heart set on.
Good luck with it.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Banned

8000 out the door is way low.
My 2006 F4iwas $8000 with ttl in december 2005. Honda direct in miami...I have heard cheaper though.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:52 AM

I bought my 2006 cbr brand new with no riding experince, other then being on a 4 wheeler a couple of times so the shifting was similiar. Although i havent dropped it or anything my bike was stolen and someone else scratch it up for me. I was going to get use also but couldnt beat the deal on the brand new one for a 1500 more. got my 06 otd 8100 with free helmet, jacket, gloves, and warranty. Took the class a few weeks later and everythign was golden.

Honstley no matter if its used or new to me if i drop it i will be hurt either way. I look at it this way you still had to pay money for it so why should it matter how much you paid to show ur mood. No matter if i paid 1000-5000 im still going to look the same way for a 6000-8000 bike when dropped, Money doesnt grow on trees so no matter what i will be upset.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:20 PM

Where do you live????

and let me be about the 100th person to say, DONT BUY NEW FOR YOUR FIRST BIKE!!!

I'm telling you , you can find a great deal on a used F4I,

We payed 7,999 OTD for my wifes first bike, a new 05 F4I, she insisted, i tried to get her to get a used one or even a ninja 500 to start on, thats what my daughter started on and my daughter is a much better rider now by stepping up from the Ninja to her SV650S, my wife went down on her F4I and trasked the left fairing, nothing major, just a very slow speed front end wash out when she rode off a rode into the dirt, the bike doesnt do much for a newbies riding confidense, a Ninja 500 or Suzuki GS500 is so much easyer to ride as a newbie due to the riding position and non intemidating power, I would recomend every one start on one of these for atleast a few months or a couple of thousand miles, believe me, it will make you a bettter rider when you step up to the F4i, my wife is afraid of her F4I butshe's not afraid of the Ninja, so why wont she ride the ninja? because it's not as cool as the F4I.

bottom line is every one will drop their bike, usualy when your new, why not do it on a bike that doesnt mater? then move to the nice bike? and contray to what some will say, that it doesnt matter if it's new or old of ya drop it, it will still hurt? yes , but drop a F4I and your looking at a $300 fairing, a $60 dollar stator cover and maybe more, drop a Ninja 500, none of the plastic gets hurt, my daughter dropped hers twice, once while she was pulling out of a drive way, only thing damaged was the clutch lever, no other damage at all. $15 bucks!

Old 03-26-2007, 11:02 PM

I just picked up a mint 2005 F4iwith 1500 miles on it for $6K. I don't feel like I stole it but it seemed to be a reasonable deal. Don't overpay for your first bike. And stay the heck out of debt if you can help it. Your future wife will provide plenty of credit card debt!