F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Thinking of buying an F4i

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of buying an F4i

I'm looking at buying an F4i for around $3900. Bike is in good shape save for some scratches and a dent sustain from a falling hog (harley). I just had a few questions about the bike:
Is there anything I should be wary of (i.e. the 954 tranny problem, f2 cam chain tensioner, etc?)

Does the price sound right?

does anyone on this board track-ride theirs? (I will be)

From what I have read, the F4i is a steady bike that rides great and has good power (typical honda).

Thanks guys

Jason

Old 08-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CCT replacement for sure on the F4i. I replaced mine after only 3000 miles.

What year is the bike and how many miles?

Old 08-17-2009, 01:06 PM

The biggest problem or i would call it an annoyance is the CCTL. You will more then likely replace that. I have taken mine to the strip a few times but nothing too serious.. The bike runs strong and rides smooth.. If you plan on doing any kind of stunting or anything in that matter this bike is one of the TOP stunt pieces you will find around! Since i have owned both the F4 and F4i i recommend it.. Price sounds about right.. Depending on the other inspection items on the bike like brakes and tires and so on and forth. It never hurts to ask if you could lower though! -=) Good luck

Old 08-17-2009, 01:47 PM

Mileage?

Old 08-17-2009, 05:33 PM

3900 for scratches and a dent? Where are you buying from? Lol damn I'd like to know what area you're from so I'll sell there. I got mine for less and only thing I had to change was the cct when I first got it. Other then that, bike was perfect. Even came with most of the upgrades. Anything done to the bike?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 PM

Okay, lots of replies, so I'll try to start at the top.

I'm unsure of the mileage yet. I have an email in to the seller asking about it and any mods the bike has (pipes, sprockets, etc). I suspected the cam chain tensioner would be the same hokey design. Is the manually adjusted unit from APC (I think that's them) still the suggested replacement?

As for price goes, I thought 3900 might a little on the high end. I personally placed it at $3500. It is too bad the tank got dinged up though, it is a nice looking bike. Not sure about tire and chain/sprocket conditions. I might end up driving the hour to take a look at it this weekend.

Thanks all

Jason

Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 PM

Any time i replaced the CCTL i used the stock Honda oem.. Takes the guess work out of it.. and i never had one i replaced go bad.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by F4ith
3900 for scratches and a dent? Where are you buying from? Lol damn I'd like to know what area you're from so I'll sell there. I got mine for less and only thing I had to change was the cct when I first got it. Other then that, bike was perfect. Even came with most of the upgrades. Anything done to the bike?
I'd love to come buy a bike where you live. The OP price is right where prices are here.

Originally Posted by jason8887
Okay, lots of replies, so I'll try to start at the top.

I'm unsure of the mileage yet. I have an email in to the seller asking about it and any mods the bike has (pipes, sprockets, etc). I suspected the cam chain tensioner would be the same hokey design. Is the manually adjusted unit from APC (I think that's them) still the suggested replacement?

As for price goes, I thought 3900 might a little on the high end. I personally placed it at $3500. It is too bad the tank got dinged up though, it is a nice looking bike. Not sure about tire and chain/sprocket conditions. I might end up driving the hour to take a look at it this weekend.

Thanks all

Jason
If the miles are around 8,XXX - 13,XXX I'd say that it would be a pretty fair prices for around here. Little less for more miles of course.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Default looking for f4i

also in the look for an f41 2000 to 2002 model. could you guys help in what to look for in a good f41?and to let me know what issues this bike has and what should i stay away from. pardon for my ignorance but what is this cctl? TIA

Old 08-27-2009, 12:48 AM

....personally if he's selling it for that much in that condition, i'd just save up a bit more and buy a used RR, i got my 02 f4i w/ 2 small scratches, 3k miles, and a bunch of aftermarket parts/oem parts for $3500

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying an F4i