F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Targa solo cowl...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and it is worth the money although i got mine for 60$ off ebay and it was in perfect shape. the only draw back is to switch from the cap to the seat or vice versa you have to remove the mounting hardware of the cap which only takes maybe 2 mins, but it is a pain but worth it as it makes the bike look super clean. And it actually gives you more room in the storage area because the cap it kinda hollowed out and the seat has all that plastic stuff underneath it. I say go for it you will be very happy you did.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got one Joey!
U can see it in my avatar pic, but I have more detailed pics than that. I'll have to post 'em when I get home from work.
It mounts simply enough,there are 2 mounting "hooks" that come with the kit that I installed and later took off 'cause they have to be removed if you reinstall the passneger seat.
Without those "hooks" the seat mounts plenty securely with the trunk lock. Stays just fine on there even when doing track days. Truth be told I did add some tape to make sure it didnt come off at Road America. Goiing well north of 120mph at that track, I didnt want to be the idiot who had a part of their bike fly off going down one of the 3 long straightaways.
I'll post those pics for U as soon as I can

Old 07-08-2009, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by 04_CBR
I have one and it is worth the money although i got mine for 60$ off ebay and it was in perfect shape. the only draw back is to switch from the cap to the seat or vice versa you have to remove the mounting hardware of the cap which only takes maybe 2 mins, but it is a pain but worth it as it makes the bike look super clean. And it actually gives you more room in the storage area because the cap it kinda hollowed out and the seat has all that plastic stuff underneath it. I say go for it you will be very happy you did.

Oh nice! 60 bucks! Thats a sweet deal, hopefully I can find something similar.
I also like the idea that i'll have a little more trunk space, thanks for the info 04' CBR. Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by hondajunkie
I've got one Joey!
U can see it in my avatar pic, but I have more detailed pics than that. I'll have to post 'em when I get home from work.
It mounts simply enough,there are 2 mounting "hooks" that come with the kit that I installed and later took off 'cause they have to be removed if you reinstall the passneger seat.
Without those "hooks" the seat mounts plenty securely with the trunk lock. Stays just fine on there even when doing track days. Truth be told I did add some tape to make sure it didnt come off at Road America. Goiing well north of 120mph at that track, I didnt want to be the idiot who had a part of their bike fly off going down one of the 3 long straightaways.
I'll post those pics for U as soon as I can
Thanks a bunch hondajunkie,
I would greatly appreciate some pics of your racing cowl.
I'm pretty much sold on the idea, like i told 04' CBR, I like the idea of more trunk space.
Would you say its difficult to remove that mounting hard-ware when switching back to the stocky or very time consuming?
I love that slick clean look though, your bike looks too sweeeeeeeeeeet.
Thanks again for the response.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:49 PM

Like I said it takes 2 mins to remove the hardware not a problem at all. And I havent ever thought of trying it without the hardware.....I mean I know it would hold on there and wouldnt go anywhere I will have to check it out when I get home.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joey, I agree with your cosmetic thoughts, no performance needed. Just like to make my bike run different (oil, filter, exhaust). Definitely thinking about getting a solo for my banana seat, but don't know where to find em cheap.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 PM

Hell yea! Ive been asking around if it would give you more space in your trunk but no one had any idea. That would be very useful at times when you are going solo so you don't have to backpack stuff or whatever. I wish I could get one for 60 bucks.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:37 PM

Just keep an eye out, I was just browsing ebay one day and there it was buy it now for 60.00 and I had my buddy paint it for free.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:07 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...Q5fAccessories

Needs some lovin but you could make it work for cheap.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM

I have one, and I love it. Only problem is that you'll lose the use of your helmet hooks. I'm actually trying to sell mine. It's painted silver and cracked cuz I went down and it popped out. It still works perfectly and comes with all hardware. If interested pm me. I'm flexible with pricing, just has to be reasonable. =)

Old 07-09-2009, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by got_rice64
I have one, and I love it. Only problem is that you'll lose the use of your helmet hooks. I'm actually trying to sell mine. It's painted silver and cracked cuz I went down and it popped out. It still works perfectly and comes with all hardware. If interested pm me. I'm flexible with pricing, just has to be reasonable. =)
pm'd

Quick Reply: Targa solo cowl...