F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Stunting Question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stunting Question.

nice stuntnR6, are you rollin on those too. we still need to hook up sometime and tear up some streets sometime. maybe springfield or B/N some weekend?

Old 06-22-2006, 11:37 PM

For those with FI cages do you like them? I'm strongly considering getting one, I have woodcraft sliders right now, but I'd like some more protection. A few more questions-->do you have to cut up the plastics, or just like the holes for the frame sliders? Can you still corner without dragging the cage? If you have dropped it how did it hold up? I have seen the cheaper cages break the bolts and crush up the plastics. Alright thanks in advance. stuntn_r6 good pic, I really don't care for the feel of stoppies but I'll pull up the front anytime LOL

-Jesse-

Old 06-23-2006, 02:11 AM

stoppies are def one of the hardest trick to get really good at and it sucks since theres no way to correct a stoppie when it goes bad.

Def take it easy REAL easy.

FI cages are def great, def dont get in the way at all compared to the other cages...but honestly any cage except maybe the 1st generation powers cage are solid on the F4i's...the 2nd gen Powers looks sick.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:23 AM

true but the freestyle cage does a much better job of not rolling the bike on to the tank when you crash. 905 cages tend to do it alot. every time you drop the bike it hits the cage and rolls up and hits the tank.

installation: drill one hole on each side for the slider and the rest of the cage fits very nice around the bike and stays out of the way. def get one. stop bsing with sliders that dont really work anyway.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: greerstyl

true but the freestyle cage does a much better job of not rolling the bike on to the tank when you crash. 905 cages tend to do it alot. every time you drop the bike it hits the cage and rolls up and hits the tank.

installation: drill one hole on each side for the slider and the rest of the cage fits very nice around the bike and stays out of the way. def get one. stop bsing with sliders that dont really work anyway.
Thanks man, I know what your saying about the 905, I watched a few videos where the guys were running them and it rolled up onto the tanks everytime. I'll probably get the FI cage this winter unless I get some extra cash and its burning a hole in my pocket LOL

Peace

-Jesse-

Old 06-23-2006, 11:36 AM

I love my FI cage, just the fact of knowing i can drop it and im not gonna be too pissed.

I havent actually had to use it yet, just pushed the bike over a couple times and set it down when i roll up to walmart, stuff like that..haha...gets some pretty good looks...

installation is the exact same as frame sliders, just cut the holes and bolt it up...

I've also heard alot of people say you cant corner with a cage....ummm, i dont know how low they are getting, but if you take my bike and start to lay it down, the cage doesnt hit the ground till its waaay down there, alot farther down then i've ever gotten in a corner, so i think your safe on that...

Old 06-23-2006, 04:29 PM

I wouldnt mind getting a cage. What up with all the fuss about FI though? Cage ia a Cage right? Ive seen the FI cages on Ebay they are well over two hundred. Others are 155 but i can choose a color. One thing is that they dont come with sliders. Which at that point seems to make no difference. Seem like the entire cages is a big slider.
Are cages all the same?

Old 06-23-2006, 06:07 PM

not really...one of the good points about the FI is that most other cages (powers, 905) tend to roll the bike up onto the tank when they fall...FI's dont roll as much...in my opinion they are also the best looking...other cages just look so big, bulky, and ugly...

another thing...take for example the powers cage...that thing is built like a tank, its pretty much not gonna break...Alot of the suzuki guys are saying that the powers cages are so strong that when the bike goes down it does damage to the frame before it hurts the cage...thats not good...

the point of the cage is for it to take the punishment before the bike, not vice versa...

Old 06-23-2006, 06:55 PM

I see what your saying R6. THanks!

Old 06-24-2006, 07:04 PM

Cages are made for stunters mostly. If you are worried about scratching your bike than dont stunt it. The cage rolling on the tank is nothing for a stunter. They dont care. If you think you have the pretiest bike in the world and dont want it scratched up than just dont stunt it.